工作内容: Geologist Junior
We are hiring a Junior Project Geologist to join our mining client’s leading and growing team! This is a 12-month contract in which your role will lead evaluations of potential properties for acquisition, generate targets, and design and oversee field programs from target definition through to resource expansion. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and will work closely with data scientists, using technology to help guide field programs and decision-making. You will also work directly with senior technical advisors and with the executive team on making the investment case for acquisitions and field programs.
Ultimately, your role is to help make valuable discoveries by identifying opportunities with rigorous evaluation and by ensuring that we safely and effectively conduct field programs.
- Demonstrate in all activities a commitment to the highest standards in health and safety, environment, and community relations
- Rigorously analyze geoscientific datasets across a range of scales from provinces to prospects to determine exploration potential and to identify, rank, and prioritize exploration targets
- Design, budget, permit, and execute field programs ranging from geological mapping and sampling of grass roots prospects through to large drilling programs on advanced projects, with leading industry practice in data acquisition and validation
- Provide technical guidance and support to local in-country project teams during the design and execution of exploration programs, including site visits and engagement with other project stakeholders (e.g., community representatives, regulatory authorities, and joint venture partners)
- Work collaboratively with data scientist colleagues to conceive and implement insightful analytical methods
- Strong technical knowledge of one or more ore deposit types. Experience working on sediment-hosted stratiform copper, or magmatic sulfide deposits will be considered an advantage
- Excellence in generative analysis ranging from new concepts to integration, interpretation, and modeling of large datasets
- Good field skills and experience conducting field programs across a range of project stages from grassroots prospects through to advanced projects with significant drilling campaigns
- Baseline level of proficiency in standard desktop software packages (e.g., ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of health and safety in the workplace
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the mineral exploration industry
- B.Sc. degree in geology or related geoscience field
- Working knowledge of one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, R, C/C++)
- Knowledge of geostatistics and/or other statistical methods relevant for analysis of geoscientific data
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Brunel Canada - Calgary