工作内容: Environmental Specialist
This position will work with the Environment Team and will apply technical skills and environmental principles & knowledge to support the Region.
- Complete various environmental permit applications with a focus on air & noise Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECA) applications.
- Collaborate, develop and provide support for consultation on environmental permit applications.
- Maintain & create emission calculations for industrial sources, including completion of tasks, validation of data, and identification of new calculations or required changes to existing calculations to support National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) and Ontario/Federal Green House Gas (GHG) reporting.
- Collaborate with Regional Environmental Specialists to ensure compliance with various Federal and Ontario regulations eg. Environmental Protection Act (EPA), Emissions Performance Standard (EPS) O.Reg. 241/19, Air Pollution – Local Air Quality Regulation (O.Reg. 419/05), NPRI, Clean Fuel Standard (CFS), etc.
- Act as a liaison with various regulatory authorities eg. Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP), Environment Canada and Climate Change (ECCC), etc.
- Coach and assist others in the interpretation and application of environmental permits, procedures, and regulations like O.Reg. 419/05, NPRI, Ontario Water Resources Act, Permit to Take Water, etc.
- Organize, plan, implement and evaluate site environmental programs, procedures and initiatives related to your areas of accountability.
- Work with project & multi-discipline teams (eg. Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, etc.) to provide environmental regulatory and permitting support & guidance in your areas of accountability that may include air emissions, waste, water, soil and groundwater, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Site Environmental Specialists to provide support & problem solving to site/unit concerns related to your areas of accountability.
- Represent Company` in various industry association groups eg. CIAC, CME, SLEA, etc.
- Provide support to site incidents and emergency response for air and water monitoring and environmental regulatory guidance.
- Collaborate and support Company`s Sustainability & Responsible Care initiatives.
- Participate in internal and external environmental audits;
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree (preferably Environmental) with 4+ years of direct environmental experience, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Certification or eligibility for designation as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) considered an asset.
- Previous experience in environmental emissions reporting (NPRI), air emissions calculations and GHG emissions calculations & reporting.
- Previous experience with air & noise ECA applications, emission summary & dispersion modelling (ESDM) reports & acoustic assessment reports (AAR), and dispersion modeling software (Aermod, Screen3, etc.).
- Ability to support multi-discipline teams in a plant/industrial and project settings.
- Previous experience engaging and negotiating w/ various regulators eg. MECP, ECCC, St. Clair Regional Conservation Authority (SCRCA), Municipal, etc. considered an asset
- Previous experience in air monitoring and ON source testing requirements considered an asset.
- Previous experience & knowledge in a wide range of areas of environmental permitting and regulations is considered an asset eg. soil and groundwater, waste, water, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and apply general knowledge of environmental principles.
- Self-motivated, focused on results, with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others.
- Proficient computer skills: utilizes common programs (Microsoft Office, Lakes Environmental Aermod, SharePoint, SAP), Geographic Information System (GIS) experience considered an asset
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Brunel Canada - Calgary