About this role
Brunel are currently working in partnership with a major oil and gas operator to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Specialist in Local Content development to improve supply chain sustainability through increasing local and indigenous content and reducing emissions
- Major Oil and Gas Operator
- Role can be based in Perth (WA) or Brisbane (QLD)
- 12 month contract
- Create a clear Local Content and Indigenous Content Strategy and drive a step change improvement in our performance and Societal License to Operate
- Create an understanding of Supply Chain Green House Gas emission and develop and implement a strategic roadmap to deliver approved reduction/abatement opportunities
- Explore, define and roll-out opportunities to improve as well as continuously monitor performance
- Develop and Implement the Local and Indigenous Procurement (LIP) Strategy and Roadmap including ownership of overall Governance and Reporting
- Embed the LIP focus and identified Local and Indigenous suppliers in Category Management Strategies
- Develop key skills and capabilities gaps and closure plans for longer term strategic suppliers identified
- Develop Local and Indigenous Procurement training and guidance materials
- Regulatory and internal reporting
- Develop a clear and focused picture of where the Australia Supply Chain contribute to CO2 ambitions and targets for all emission scopes
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap to deliver approved reduction/abatement opportunities
- Provide a framework and metrics for identifying supply chain opportunities to reduce emissions
- Inspire action from our suppliers, through category and frontline teams, that makes a difference on CO2 emissions
- Work with global teams (CMCP, Supply Chain Sustainability, Legal) to identify contracting process gaps to mitigate exposure to Modern Slavery in the existing supply chains
- Work with business partners to identify potential for modern slavery in entities’ operations and develop mitigation plans
- Create supplier development program for suppliers in conforming to Modern Slavery Act and/or exploring better supply chain transparency
- Advise and coach stakeholders on future industry/ supply market trends and local (content) opportunities in order to achieve competitive advantage
Please note: Australian work rights are required to apply for this position. Candidates must be based in Perth WA or Brisbane QLD to be considered.
- Track record of commercial or sustainable development delivery
- A passion for sustainable development and keen to articulate how sustainability creates shared value through supply chains
- Great collaboration and communication skills, and comfortable influencing without authority across geographical and business boundaries
- Good working knowledge of CP systems and comfortable with quickly creating insights from data
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Ability to form and sustain inclusive, collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge or experience working with local content and carbon emissions/CO2 an advantage
- Knowledge or experience working on implementing new legislation requiring influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Major oil and gas operator
- Contribute to CO2 ambitions and opportunities to reduce emissions
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Christine Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement