About this role: Staff Project Control Specialist
Location: Lancaster, PA 17601 (Onsite)
Contract Length: 12-month contract with potential for direct hire or contract extension
· The Staff Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule. Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
· Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
· Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
· Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
· Ensure project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS/PPS Accounting Module or Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager Program.
· Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
· Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
· Manage the internal Change Management System.
· Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
· Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
· Develop and present a cash flow report.
· Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
· Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
· Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or Microsoft Project scheduling software.
· Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
· Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
· Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
· Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
· Develop and present earned value tracking document.
· Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
· Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
· Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
· All other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
· Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
Why work through Brunel?
We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sumit Kumar Jha is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Sumit Kumar Jha
Brunel USA - Houston