About this role: SHES Lead
- Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally;
- Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) as the key focal point for site activities;
- Provides oversight in field for newly onboarded EPC CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and Vendors, to verify understanding and compliance to project SHES requirements. Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data/ information/ systems as required;
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels;
- Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) in providing oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents;
- Verification of SHES site resource allocation, competencies and performance in assigned area of responsibility. Monitor newly mobilized SHES personnel. Provide mentoring and promote development of SHES personnel;
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the Company and Project vision, mission and values. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program;
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager), e.g. COMPANY Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s), RLC, and QP etc;
- Demonstrate strong leadership and visible presence for in-field activities to build the safety culture and continual improvement on the project, through all phases of the work including SIMOPS;
- Participates in safety meetings as needed, including Area Leadership Team (ALT) meetings, and participates in meetings involving CONTRACTOR safety problems/incidents. Participate in site safety reviews, walkthroughs, audits, pre-start up safety reviews, investigations SHES assessments etc;
- Expedite progress of all outstanding SHES relevant corrective actions. per Onshore project EPC plans and procedures for site implementation and timely follow-up and closeout.
- 10 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Elaine Nina S Gregorio is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Elaine Nina S Gregorio
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha