About this role
About this role
Brunel are currently working in partnership with Chevron Australia to recruit an inventive & driven Senior Instructional Designer to apply their previous experience to develop course curriculum and engaging learning solutions for their Operations and Maintenance site-based workforce.
- Major Oil and Gas Operator
- Perth based role
- 12 month+ long term contract
This role will be the primary support for the competency improvement project and will be an integral part of redeveloping the competency and training program.. The project goal is to rebuild the competency framework, and associated learning and assessment solutions for the frontline workforce.
- Responsible for creating, owning and driving the learning project plan, including work back schedule, communication, and logistics.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts to define the units of competence, through to then designing and building required learning strategy and solutions, and assessment methods.
- Using instructional design methodologies and techniques (ADDIE, 5Di) to design and develop learning solutions to meet diverse learner needs (utilizing various media including, instructor-led training, e-learning courses, and blended learning solutions).
- Primary tools for eLearning development include Storyline and Captivate. You will also have access to range of exciting new tools including Workday LMS, IHRDC CMS, Degreed LXP, and NovoEd.
- Building core L&D processes that will help guide the team well into the future and allow you to leave a legacy.
We need a Senior Instructional Designer who has strong project management experience to drive the project from inception through to completion by collaborating with stakeholders and internal team members.You will need to be resourceful, collaborative, a strong communicator and organized. You must be able to build multiple and highly productive working relationships and look for partnership opportunities between multiple internal teams.
- Extensive experience in instructional design (5 years)
- Experience unpacking competency units and transforming them into learning and assessment solutions
- Solid project management experience in delivering large L&D projects
- Demonstrated experience designing learning and assessment solutions (desirable experience in the VET sector)
- Highly developed presentation, facilitation and verbal communication skills, including strong technical writing skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information clearly and simply
- Strong relationship management skills combined with a developed ability to influence stakeholders
- Proven understanding of learning and development program and evaluation techniques and practices
- An ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Demonstrated capacity to relate to people from a broad range of environments and to ensure that the learning experience is effective L&D
- Tertiary qualifications (at diploma or degree level) in adult education or similar discipline and / or Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment or equivalent
- Advanced skills with eLearning software Articulate and/or Captive and strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Highly competitive remuneration
- 9-day fortnight
- Perth CBD location
- Working for large, well respected multi-national
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Daniela Nelson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth