About this role
Seeking a Quality Advisor to work in the Surat Basin (FIFO from Brisbane). This will be for a contract lasting until 31/10/2021 initially.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
- Advise teams, Sub-Contractors and Management on QA/QC matters
- Generate and maintain strong/close working relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Review quality expectations / requirement of Engineering SOW (Scope of Works).
- Review Brownfields (BF) Self-Execution Team QA (Quality Assurance) documentation (ITP, ITR, HAC etc) for completion accuracy and design/technical compliance.
- Monitor Brownfields Self-Execution Team performance, including compliance with QA requirements.
- Monitor construction field activities, including conducting field audits.
- Interface with HA Auditor and construction field team
- Ensure BF management / superintendents / PM’s are kept fully abreast of all key Quality risks and issues arising in the field (ideally with solutions).
- Provide QA reports as required.
- Attend MC walkdowns, thoroughly inspect completed works for quality compliance.
- Identify quality efficiency opportunities (handover, construction, general processes etc) and propose to Superintendents.
- Oversee and supervise welding activities at the contractor’s premises or BF laydown yard
- Compile and approve welding MDR’s
People Management :
Must abide by company policy in relation to HR policies and procedures such as annual HR cycle and meet deadlines within the appropriate timeframes
Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) :
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all Contractors and BF Team are accountable for HSSE within their area of the Business and are responsible for ensuring that their team (if applicable) adopt exemplary HSSE behaviours
All Contractors and BF Team are expected to be aware of, and adhere to the Business Principles at all times under Conduct, Our People, Society and HSSE and to participate in relevant training
Advocating Goal Zero
Ensure Upstream projects are delivered safely, on schedule, in accordance with design documentation, and meet requirements of specifications, Australian Standards and Legislation.
- Previous experience in oil and Gas projects highly regarded
- Extensive experience liaising with numerous stakeholders to achieve successful project handover.
- Extensive experience providing Mechanical, Structural construction, Welding and basic knowledge of electrical, instrumentation and HA - technical and troubleshooting construction advice and expediting issues and design discrepancies.
- Extensive experience with Project Controls and Reporting systems.
- Demonstrated flexibility to achieve schedule onsite.
- Management of Emergency Response.
- Management of Contractors and Sub-Contractors in line with contract.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Welding supervision certificate. (AS 1796 Cert 10 preferably)
- Knowledge or certification of competency for NDT methods.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Intimate understanding of QA requirements.
- Currently perform this role (or equivalent) elsewhere.
- Extensive experience in both QA and QC
- Hands-on experience of quality system auditing/surveillance (ideally in a Team Leader role):
- QA and QC experience in a Project Construction role.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Excellent understanding of QA/QC requirements for final documentation on oil and gas related construction projects.
- Experience in application of project assurance practices such as technical assurance controls, project health-checks, Project Delivery, benchmarking
- Experience in the application of industry standards (international standards ISO 9001 and familiar with ISO 14001 and ISO18001)
- Computer skills for MS office, Adobe and database software applications
- Special Features : 15/13 or 10/4 roster
- Site Based Surat Basin
- Contracted until 31/10/2021
- Surat Basin Based position (FIFO from Brisbane)
- 15:13 or 10:4 Roster (Travel in company Time)
- $800 Per Day Inclusive of Super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
- Accom and meals provided
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Brennan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane