About this role: Project Material Readiness Lead
Brunel is currently searching for Project Material Readiness Lead for a long-term, remote, contract position with our client.
In this role you will report to the Project Materials Manager or Project Manager with a dotted line to the Director of Material Readiness. You will be responsible for all procurement activities on the project relating to Capital, Commissioning, Critical (Insurance) and Operating spares with the goal of having all required spares at site in time to ensure smooth commissioning, start-up and ongoing operation and maintenance support of the new plant and equipment.
Duties will include:
- Forecast and manage the required budget for the project spares program at one or more projects (~10-100M).
- Responsible for the implementation and successful execution of the corporate spares program and collaborates with multiple business units and strategic partners.
- Responsible for purchase orders of critical spares and vendor data expediting to support the program.
- Informing parties involved of anticipated delays, and initiating recovery plans to mitigate the effects of the delays with regards to the spares readiness program.
- Expediting and/or coordinating the flow of spares data between Supplier, Engineering, Project Controls, GSC, Maintenance, and Project Management.
- Advising the PPM/PMM and Dir Materials Readiness of current status of spares on a weekly basis by issue of spares tracker and updates project management.
- Using estimated spares forecast and inputs from Engineering, OEMs, maintenance SMEs and site Supply Chain Management team, develop warehouse storage profile and requirements for these materials at site to determine if additional warehouse space is required; work with Leadership at site to ensure they are clearly aware of the impact and have a plan in place to accommodate the additional materials; obtain status of the plan and include in regular reporting to PPM/PMM and Dir Materials Readiness.
- Responsible to obtain approval of capital, startup, and commissioning spares for purchase and material readiness to support project objectives.
- Performs other duties to support the project materials team as required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role with project experience in the millions
- Effective computer skills
- Stellar organizational and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work remote
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Must be willing to travel on occasion for business meetings, >10%
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. As a full-time contractor with Brunel, you are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision with programs to suit everyone. At Brunel you can rest easy knowing your benefits will begin on your first day of employment.
With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit