About this role: Project Controls Engineer III - Lead Cost
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Engineer III – Lead Cost with our client who is a global, leading mining company.
This contractor position will be located initially working remote (WFH) while processing Indonesia assignment requirements, then to the PTFI jobsite in Indonesia on a single rotational status assignment. The Indonesia site position will be single status rotational. Current rotation plan is 9 weeks on and 3 weeks off while working at site. Candidates will be required to pass a medical check up to able to get the work permit and be onsite.
Under moderate supervision, provides project controls support to Engineering and Construction in cost and schedule analysis, reporting, and general project controls support as directed by the Project Controls Manager. This may include but is not limited to the preparation, analysis and presentation of reports, charts, tables and information along with analysis of trends, project risks and forecasts. Validate the reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project with the contractors through spot checks of the design documents and/or construction progress. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work and update on a regular basis• Review contractor schedules for accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule. Reviews project documents, including design sets, to determine project milestones and sequencing and validate that the construction schedules comply with the project documents.
• Assist in processing of project change notices, maintain change logs as required and report on changes through company’s Change Management System.• Assist in compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the project.• Based on design reviews, identifies any out of scope changes and documents quantity variances based on material take offs (MTOs) from design documents.• Utilizes engineering knowledge and experience to review and process engineering submittals, and track the progress of the same and coordinate submittal and reviews with the project manager, project team members and any other stakeholders as directed by his/her supervisor.
• Assess the cost and schedule impacts of design or construction changes and associated cost growth and/or schedule slippages. Evaluates proposed process improvements, requests for information (RFIs), and differing site conditions for impacts to the project in terms of cost and/or schedule.• Identifies and resolves project control issues through various methods and provided proposed solutions to address problems. Works closely with other project controls team members on resolving issues identified building on technical knowledge, designing innovative short cuts, and reviewing engineering alternatives.• Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts status against an established baseline schedule on complex scopes of work. Understands detailed construction methodology, assisting in identification of potential issues and impacts and proposes corrective actions. • Estimates quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to validate project estimates, change orders and scope changes through the review of design drawings, sketches, calculations or other information supplied by the engineering or construction company. Prepares estimates on minor scopes of work for review by Project Controls Manager.
• Understands and interfaces with engineering, procurement and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensures adherence to safety and quality standards.• Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to assist in project planning.• Review and audit contractor equipment logs, time sheets, supplier invoices and contracts to check that equipment and personnel are being utilized as specified.• Perform other duties as required. Reports to the Project Controls Manager.
Job Scope• Nature of work: Works on moderately complex issues and usually implements solution through consultation with other project controls team members.• Level of interaction: Collaborates within the department or work group with interaction with external colleagues in various departments.
• Autonomy/decision making: Works under limited supervision and has limited latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines impacting the individual assigned area of work.• Budgetary responsibility: Has no budget responsibility.• Managerial responsibility: Does not manage people, function, projects or programs.
Preferred Qualifications • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment• Understanding of accounting functions and systems• Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting. • Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
• Experience with mining and/or heavy industrial construction projects• Bahasa language capability is a plus
- $600 – 700 a day while WFH, then $800-950 a day while on-site in Indonesia
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment.
- Plus 3 days PTO
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a leader in the mining and metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston