About this role
We’re hiring a Project Controls - Cost Specialist for our client to join their team. This is a full time position that offers tremendous growth opportunities within a dynamic, successful and expanding company.
- Develop, implement and maintain formalized project cost management systems and processes to enable the Port to more effectively cost and deliver its portfolio of infrastructure projects;
- Develop budgeting, forecasting, tracking, analysis and reporting protocols for all project related costs (using Earned Value & other methodologies)
- Develop project specific Controls’ strategies that aligns with VFPA overall strategy & processes;
- Working closely with the Accounting department and Intermediate Capital Project Accountant, ensure accurate capturing of project costs in VFPA’s system of record, including effective coding by projects, contracts, work breakdown structures, etc;
- Coordinate with contractors, Accounting and other project team members to ensure the timely payment of project costs;
- Control project costs through proactively managing cost changes and ensuring that changes to the baseline are conducted through auditable control processes;
- Provide monthly reporting of project performance and cost variance to program/project owners, senior management, board of directors and other key stakeholders;
- Manage financial closeout process for major capital projects;
- Support the process to develop Business Cases to support the organization’s decision process for large capital transactions, including consideration of alternative approaches, analysis of key risks, and development of mitigations where optimal;
- Assist managers delivering capital projects and programs to control costs through the provision of accurate, complete, and timely capital project cost management information and required variance analysis and assist in the formulation of follow-up action plans;
- Participate as a member of various management and inter-departmental teams in the planning, implementation and management of business initiatives;
- Implement processes to administer, document and accept / challenge / defend incoming and outgoing change requests throughout project execution.
- Support program/project owners to manage cost risks (including performing quantitative risk analysis), contingency and spending approvals, and provide them with information and guidance to efficiently manage the project’s costs;
- Participate in the risk management process over projects by maintaining respective project risk registers and facilitating workshops.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering or related field;
- 5+ years of Project Controls EPCC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning) experience on major projects of at least $200M +;
- Experience working in the industrial sector, such as oil and gas, mining, transportation, or power generation;
- Commercial experience, including contracts and procurement is required;
- Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and working knowledge in any of the Project Controls related software like Prism, Primavera P6, SAP, Oracle (and Oracle JDE);
- Able to collaborate with peers in other departments to collect information, support their needs for accurate information & analyses, and provide technical expertise on cost management.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement