About this role: Production Engineer (Piping)
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and schedule commitments'
- Responsible for the overall project inter-discipline coordination between members of the operations support groups, throughout one or more project phases of detail design, fabrication, offshore installation and hook-up;
- Lead discipline Production Engineer Supervises other production engineers in his team;
- Lead discipline Production Engineer identifies resource needs for the project and communicate these regularly to Production Engineering Manager;
- Manage the progress reporting on the project;
- Understands the full contractual scope of work, contract type and milestone schedules;
- Reviews constructability and ensure work execution plan is based on the most productive option;
- Conducts fabrication look ahead meetings or site meetings and prioritizes material and drawings to suit;
- Responsible for documenting all scope of work changes (change orders) and coordinating AFC estimate updates;
- Solves technical problems and initiates site queries to ensure work disruption is minimized and productivity is optimized;
- Forecast fabrication requirements (deliverable inputs) to meet the project contract schedule; Highlights issues to Operations Engineer or Construction Manager;
- Leads work pack issuance and follow up of all activities for work pack execution;
- Prepare project specific task listing;
- At commencement of the project participates in fabrication kick-off meeting;
- Appraises construction manager of any project issues which effect the forecasted progress, productivity and schedule commitments;
- Develops a work pack index and sets priorities and deliverable dates for the discipline teams;
- Reviews input deliverable dates (material & drawings) and advises impact to fabrication schedule;
- Authorizes technical queries/correspondence to be issued to the client;
- Participates in development of project fabrication execution plan to meet contract requirements most productively;
- Leads project constructability program effort for fabrication;
- Prepares project fabrication lessons learnt;
- Identifies project risks and opportunities;
- Establishes a productive working relationship with client representatives;
- Leads coordination & follow up with service providers (Example: subcontractors, construction engineering teams);
- Participates in QHSES initiatives and drive achieving objectives. Follow the company policies.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering;
- 11 years experience in Oil and Gas Construction Industry (FPSO, Platforms, Tank Loading Unit, Rig Refurbishment, Rig Construction & etc);
- Involve in Mechanical /Piping & Equipment Installation, Pre-com, and Commissioning and HUC Activities;
- Experience in Test Pack Preparation, Marking Test Limits per system, Hydro testing and Punch clearing;
- Experience & Perform Visual, dimensional, complex mechanical / Piping Installation & Inspection;
- Experience in Piping Fabrication, Line Tracing, welding joint inspection, orientation, and modification;
- Experience in Mechanical & Industrial Technician in manufacturing company for Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai