About this role: Procurement Specialist
Sourcing Project Leader coordinates the external supply chain activities from the kick-off through execution until the project closeout, in accordance with the project strategy and the project team. Operationally in the project, maintains the sourcing strategy, animates and coordinates the external supply chain activities for the project team.
- Defines and executes the external supply chain strategy with the stakeholders in accordance with the project requirements and planning.
- Prepares the external supply chain project plan focused on the strategy, schedule, and budget along with any other necessary information from the external supply chain for the project.
- Obtains the savings target on the project and applies all standard levers available through the Sourcing Team while satisfying the cost, schedule, and quality requirements of the project.
- Coordinates the external supply chain activities with category managers for assigned projects.
- Coordinates with Category Managers to develop new suppliers and alternative sources of materials and/or raw materials, aiming for high quality and low-cost products with a focus on best cost country (BCC).
- Participates in the planning, scheduling and production control of the project.
- Maintains the project purchasing dashboard using the standard tools.
- Consolidates and validates internal and external budgets for sourcing, logistics and quality.
- Tracks and follows the project costs and time variances while taking all necessary actions to avoid deviations to budget.
- Interfaces with project management and engineering to maintain the material target and sourcing resource requirements.
- Identifies critical and strategic suppliers with category management.
- Focuses on project objectives (contractual conditions, purchasing budget, planning, and quality).
- Anticipates available discounts and maintains the committed budget
- Sets the external supply chain planning for purchasing and delivery teams. Ensures consistency with the overall project planning.
- Working in the external supply chain team to reach successful project milestones, deliveries, and compliance with the deadlines (internal and external) for supply chain deliverables.
- Summarizes the external supply chain activities for the project.
- Reviews with stakeholders and functional management the project external supply chain budget, external supply chain risk & opportunities matrix, and ensures the progress & updates.
- Responsible for complying with and enforcing the procedures and processes of the company.
- Participate in BCC sourcing to optimize purchasing value.
- Identifies underperforming or non-performing suppliers during the project life cycle.
- Participate in various Value Analysis projects & Kaizen blitz projects to improve sourcing.
- Utilization of company software applications such as SAP, Pyramid, PDT, the Vault Document Storage, and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and knowledge of this software.
- 3~5 years minimum experience in increasing roles in purchasing, strategic sourcing or supply chain.
- Must have superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Above average analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working in a team, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings with the ability to communicate technical information to various internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- ERP experience required, preferably with SAP.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary