About this role
If you are a Senior Process Engineer with a Downstream EPC background looking for your next big project, look no further. We are looking for a candidate with 10+ years of experience working specifically on refinery revamp projects.
- Role: Principal Process Engineer
- Reports to: Process Manager and Senior Supervising Manager
- Industry: Oil & Gas (Downstream)
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
- Estimated Start: ASAP
- Estimated Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Work Schedule: 5/50 (could ramp up/down as needed)
- Travel: Occasional to Claremont when needed for meetings
- Accommodations: While on the field site, you will receive per diem & accommodations
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- Lead process field activities.
- Analyze project specifications and inquiry requirements; develop a working plan accordingly.
- Prepare engineering calculations as required.
- Prepare process flow diagrams (PFD’s) piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and process data sheets for equipment and instruments.
- Follow up on completed projects including start-up and performance guarantee tests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology trends.
- Plan and schedule workflow for activities in the area of expertise.
- Perform as job leader when needed.
- Direct, supervise and check work of personnel for whom responsible.
- Maintain a high professional profile.
- Represent group in staff, vendor, and client meetings when necessary.
- BS, MS in Chemical Engineering plus a minimum of ten years of experience
- Carry out the process design and process field activities, including commissioning and start-up
- Prior experience in process field activities (P&ID’s conformity check, identification of tie-ins, as-built mark-up, or similar activities), including revamping projects
- Ability to handle and complete the job from start to finish, have demonstrated leadership and creativity from prior experience, and capable of working with minimal supervision of a senior-level engineer
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angela Tran is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston