About this role
We’re hiring a Principal Investigator for our client to join their team. This is a permanent position, requiring on-site presence.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of study participants;
- Supervising the conduct of the clinical research study even when responsibilities have been delegated to other appropriately trained and qualified staff members;
- Responsible for the oversight of all trial-related medical decisions as outlined in FDA 1572 and HC QIU;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory regulations, GCP, IRB, internal SOPs/WPs and the sponsor protocol;
- Ensuring all staff delegated are experienced and have sufficient documented training;
- Demonstrate potential for enrollment of subjects and following appropriate informed consent procedures as outlined in ICH & HC Division 5 guidelines;
- Protecting the rights, safety and welfare of subjects enrolled in a clinical research trial;
- Familiarity with the appropriate use of the investigational product(s) as described in the protocol, in the current Investigator's Brochure, in the product monograph and in other information sources provided by the sponsor;
- Maintaining adequate study records and storage as per regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining appropriate control, inventory, distribution, storage, record keeping and destruction or return of test articles;
- Promptly reporting to sponsor, IRB or Health Canada as applicable any unanticipated problems & risks to patients;
- Ensuring timely reporting to the REB of all events that require prompt reporting such as annual progress reports or major protocol deviations;
- Assuring the disclosure of financial interest and arrangements to the sponsor and the REB;
- Responsible for the conduct of clinical trials and welfare of subjects;
- Responsible for staff involved in the conduct of clinical trials at respective sites where they are the approved Principal Investigator;
- Is responsible for direct contact and communication with internal staff and physicians, patients, contracted research personnel, sponsor, CRP, and regulatory personnel.
- Doctorate in Medicine;
- At least 3-5 years of research experience;
- BCBE certified eligible;
- Member of Provincial College of Physicians & Surgeons, i.e. CPSO for Ontario;
- ACLS Certified in preferred.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement