About this role: Metallurgical Technician
Brunel are looking for a Metallurgical Technician to join one of Australia’s largest mining companies with operations currently based in the Pilbara regions. This is a great opportunity to work with a company with strong values on a 8:6 contract. You will be working with geologists and other technicians to assist in setting up lab tests and obtaining and preparing a sample from the ore to test it along with other interesting daily tasks.
The primary responsibilities of a Metallurgical Technician include collecting and analyzing plant samples, conducting test works in the metallurgical lab and preparing reports, assisting metallurgical team with plant surveys, assisting with projects/trials as required by the Metallurgical Engineers and daily Tailings Storage Facility inspections.
To be successful in this role, it is desirable to have the following:
• Previous site based metallurgical experience (Iron Ore preferably);• Strong organizational & planning skills• MR License preferred, if not C Class Drivers License (Manual)• Telehandler ticket would be beneficial
• Senior First Aid Certificate preferred but not essential
Experience with TSF inspections/maintenance and 4WD is preferred but not essential.
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
• 8:6 roster / 12.5 hr. shifts• Superannuation paid on all hours• Genuine temp to perm opportunities if you display the right attitude and commitment• Brunel Benefits – salary packaging inc. options for flights ex east coast, flexible payroll options, discounted
• Gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Paige Harding is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth