About this role: Mechanical Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Be fully aware of the Project HSE requirements;
- Supports the Lead Mechanical Engineer, assists and ensure the liaison with the other Project Team members as applicable;
- Ensure that all activities and works in the area of responsibility are done in full compliance with the HSE requirements of company and the relevant Authorities;
- Ensure implementation of the Company Contract requirements in area of responsibility and report any deviation to the Project Manager through the line responsible;
- Actively contribute to safety walks, reporting of accidents and investigation of accidents;
- Ensure that the works are being done in accordance with the Quality requirements of the Project;
- Follow up EPCC Contractor and Subcontractors within own discipline scope during engineering and construction phases in order to assure the quality and safety aspects of the work;
- Follow up EPCC Contractor/Subcontractors with regard to interpretation and proper implementation of the technical content of the EPCC Contract documents;
- Follow up and report on the progress including detection of deviation from the schedule;
- Verify status of Mechanical Completion activities and EPCC Contractor’s achievement of milestones;
- Assist Lead Engineer in coordination of the discipline scope and activity towards the company;
- Ensure that EPCC Contractor schedule is commissioning driven and follow up schedule andprogress including detection of deviation from the EPCC Contract schedule;
- Follow up and monitor all relevant critical path activities throughout the Project execution;
- Verify status of Mechanical Completion activities;
- Verify EPCC Contractor’s achievement of milestones in accordance with the requirements of EPCC Contract;
- Assists the Commissioning team in Punch items categorization, tracking and resolution for systems mechanical completion;
- Verify and close punch items in area of responsibility;
- Coordinate identification, compilation and implementation of all lessons learned;
- Support Lead Mechanical Engineer in coordinating the training of the Company team to enablethem to undertake the commissioning, start up and installation, of the plant within disciplinescope;
- Ensure that all implemented Project process technologies and its operation aspects are proven;
- Participate and support in verifying the Performance Test of the Project when performed underthe responsibility and supervision of EPCC Contractor and confirm full compliance with therequirements set forth in EPCC Contract;
- Ensure all tie-ins within discipline scope required from the company are completed and ready for Hook-up/installation in accordance with schedule/quality;
- Identify, report and follow up risks within own area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University;
- 7+ years direct and relevant discipline experience in large EPCC Projects related to oil/gas orpetrochemical or fertiliser industry. Experience in Ammonia and Urea Fertilizer Projects/Plants is an advantage.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha