About this role: Materials Manager
Our client is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. Their portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care.
- Direct activity for full range of supply chain functions in Maple Grove operations including manufacturing planning, purchasing, inventory control, sterilization scheduling, receiving, shipping, and related data management functions.
- Organizes, manages, and coordinate daily operations through staff/supervisors/managers for service and operational efficiencies. Coordinate efforts to attain service and performance commitments for accurate and on-time product receipt, storage, processing, and delivery.
- Assume overall responsibility for the procurement of materials, supplies and services for the facility.
- Full responsibility and accountability for ensuring GAAP/SOX compliance, and cycle count processes. Control, measure and regulates efficient inventory levels of materials, commodities and purchased components in support of manufacturing operations.
- Establish and implement procedures relevant to efficient, safe, and accurate material flow activities and material movement procedures. Identify and implement statistical methods for measuring efficiency and conformance to standards. Review capacity trends and recommend long term increases/reductions. Create and maintain system of measuring KPIs within the department.
- Drive continuous improvement through employee involvement and focused leadership. Utilize other resources and stakeholders to drive improvements. Optimize profit by reducing costs through continuous improvement activities and achieving commitments/targets for each functional area. Provide instruction, guidance, and direction in solving production and quality problems in relation to supply chain issues, evaluation of process improvements and the initiation of cost reductio. Remain current on technologies relevant to the operations.
- Troubleshoot and manage more complex requests for action on carrier concerns, freight claims, systems problems, order status, parts availability, packaging, parts rejects, and shipments as they relate to the warehousing and transportation functions.
- Ensure departmental compliance with safety standards, good housekeeping practices, GMPs, ISO, OSHA, EPA and other governmental regulations. Ensure required submissions are accurate and timely. Ensure all equipment used in operations is of good condition, properly maintained and used.
- Support and actively participate in operations strategy development and implementation.
- Support all regulatory audits representing the supply chain functions.
- BS degree preferred or equivalent supply chain experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain environment.
- Medical Device experience preferred.
- 5 – 7 years direct supervision experience.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Working MRP knowledge; Purchasing experience, Manufacturing Planning experience, including work order management including discrete picking and/or backflushing; experience with cycle counting and inventory management; distribution and logistics.
- Must have knowledge of bills of materials and routings, inventory control techniques, and ERP/MRP practices and techniques, QAD/SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to manage processes including proven record of process improvements related to efficiencies, LEAN methodologies, quality improvements, etc.
- Working PC skills MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Knowledge of hazardous materials handling and disposal
- Experience with budgetary and expense controls.
- Ability to seek collaboration with other departments to achieve goals.
- Must have above average leadership skills with the ability to motivate and coach others, effective relationship builder with other departments and locations
- Analytical with project management skills; system-oriented and develop a working knowledge of the mechanics of technologies and processes within his/her organization.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Meagan Geris is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Minneapolis