About this role: Marine Lead (Vessel Management Team)
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- contributes to the development of these deliverables.
- Monitors Contractor’s marine performance and ensure specifications / approved procedures are followed.
- Undertakes complex marine tasks and acts as Person in Charge for project construction & installation teams and coordinates with internal customers e.g., Operations on all marine matters.
- Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure, and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Interacts effectively with COMPANY management and external stakeholders, including statutory auditors, shareholder auditors, regulatory bodies and other entities as required to discuss project marine practices and issues
- Assists Project Management with planning, procedure review and technical support of marine execution matters. Ensures that any issues evaluated during HAZID/HIRA processes, or that are raised during safety meetings, are closed prior to the start of work. Takes initiatives, based on experienced gained, to deliver timely and cost-effective service.
- Participates in the development of all SIMOPS documents, to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of marine activities and their impact on adjacent work activities. Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Works effectively within established procedures or creates and endorses new marine procedures as necessary to further develop the Project Management philosophy.
- Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates, and supervisors. Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, self-confidence, fairness. Sets situations/issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
- Acts as Company Site Representative or Marine Specialist as directed by COMPANY Management onboard Jack-Up Barges, construction barges/vessels (heavy lift, pipelay, workboats) and transportation vessels to supervise movement and mooring of these marine vessels during field execution. Performs marine inspection prior to mobilization.
- Attends vessel safety meetings and toolbox talks to ensure there is a clear understanding of the marine activities that are to be performed. Relays all relevant Safety Alerts with the Contractor and the Vessel Management Team.
- Responsible for supporting emergency responses, notifications, and incident reporting. Participates in Contractor investigations of all incidents and root cause analyses.
- Conducts marine equipment audits ensuring all relevant certification and audits are up to date and that any close-out actions from audits have been carried out. Reviews Contractors personnel certifications and qualifications.
- Stewards in the Management of Change process and is the Company Point of Contact on the worksite for all marine related site queries.
- Participates in daily walk-through observations of operational areas onboard the marine vessels, to check on progress, safety, and housekeeping. Keeps a detailed diary covering Project marine activities offshore with reference to any specific messages, e-mails, or telephone conversations.
- Supervises the Contractor's closeout reporting. Develops ‘lessons learned’ relating to marine matters upon Project completion.
- Works in an evolving business environment where expansion opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment
- 10 years minimum experience as Master Mariner
- 3 years minimum offshore marine supervisory experience on Construction Vessels and Jackup Barges
- Demonstrate extensive experience on marine vessels and movements/mooring of Jackup Barges and anchored barges
- Demonstrate basic training or knowledge in
- Marine Inspection
- Lifting and Rigging
- IMCA Requirements for DP vessel operations
- STCW Requirements
- Master Mariner’s license in compliance with STCW II/2
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha