About this role: Manufacturing Platform Technologies Analyst
Our client's Information Technology team provides IT solutions for our employees across business and manufacturing teams. Information Technology is recruiting an IT Systems Analyst to join our Manufacturing Platform Technologies team. The individual will collaborate with highly motivated team members across company to implement solutions and deliver exceptional customer service following company`s management of change process. The role will provide the candidate opportunities to provide IT solutions to business stakeholders along with growing their own skills by learning existing and new technologies as they are introduced into the environment. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be engaged and energized.
- Learns and gains an understanding of the various Information Technology (IT) infrastructure components used in a corporate environment and their interdependencies
- Understands the client PC, server and networking environments and the relationship between these technologies in a Microsoft environment
- Configures and deploys client workstations and associated hardware at various locations
- Performs client device troubleshooting and driver management
- Troubleshoots and configures the components within a Microsoft client and server operating system
- Participates in the execution of test plans and the implementation of new technology
- Learns how to manage and upkeep accuracy of client asset inventory records.
- Learns and gains an understanding of Microsoft System Center tools for asset control, deployment, and operations management.
- Learns and collaborates with peers to prioritize, develop, and execute plans for assigned activities and hardware refresh projects
- Learns and applies IT processes and follows procedures utilized in their job function to successfully deliver on assigned work
- Learns and gains an understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Collaborates with IT peers, business stakeholders and vendors to develop solutions
- Develops and maintains technical documentation
The successful candidate will have a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Technology with 2 to 5 years related experience. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Legally able to work in Canada and travel abroad
- Motivation to learn and is tenacious at troubleshooting issues
- Ability to escalate issues internally and seek vendor support when required to keep the IT systems running reliably
- Ability to work and collaborate within a highly technical team, build on each other’s ideas and is eager to learn new technologies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Clarifies information or instructions relevant to their job
- Ability to remain focused, methodical thinker and possesses a high attention to detail
- Effectively gathers information and understands customer needs to achieve resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills, providing quality customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Centre
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft and other industry certifications
- Ability to develop VB and PowerShell scripts to automate Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL syntax and the ability to develop queries
- Knowledge of FreshService ITSM tool.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary