About this role
We’re hiring a Project Manager to join our client’s growing team. This position is a 1 year contract opportunity position that offers the potential for a permanent opportunity.
- Develops detailed project plans to monitor and track project progress
- Leads and coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management
- Communicates and tracks regularly on the status of project goals by ensuring project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource additions
- Provides direction and support to project team to ensure accomplishment of agreed upon goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Assembles and coordinates project staff while managing resource availability and allocation
- Reports on progress of project to all stakeholders by presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Successfully manages relationships with the client and all stakeholders. Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties and vendors.
- Independently manages key aspects and key success factors of one or more projects
- Continually monitors effectiveness of projects and makes recommendations for improvement
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Technology related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a Project Manager role managing projects of high complexity and experience with projects with a budget of at least than $1M
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English (and French where a bilingual PM is required)
- Ability to lead project teams and gain consensus both internally and with clients
- Expert at delivering software development projects and working with technical resources through the full/complete SDLC
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge and competence in related business functional area would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgeting process, analyze budget performance including project margin/profitability analysis and monitoring
- Ability to perform well under pressure; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand clients’ business perspective and provide insight
- Has or ability to obtain Government of Canada security clearance
- Ability to travel as much as 25% of the time (post Covid)
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary