About this role
Here's your opportunity to work at one of the
top ten countries with the world's largest oil reserves. Our client is
proposing a competitive compensation bundled with an array of relocation
benefits to Kuwait for a two-year contract extendable.
We are looking for an experienced,
well-trained firefighter preferably in Oil & Gas and gas sector (not
mandatory), who can attack and suppress hidden fires.
It is a challenging job role that involves
handling emergencies or any conditions of extreme personal hazards at several
locations within facility jurisdiction.
- Deploy covering materials, control extinguishing agents, and reduce water damage (salvage);
- Establish and maintain water supply for fire-fighting operations, given a water source and tools, plus operate its components along with identification of any damage or required restoration;
- Set up and administer an attack line, expose void spaces without compromising structural integrity, apply water for maximum effectiveness, expose & operate as a team member in vision-obscured conditions, assess danger areas;
- Control breathing, use SCBA in limited visibility conditions, replace SCBA air cylinders, use SCBA to exit through restricted passages, initiate and complete emergency plans, donning procedures in the event of SCBA failure or air depletion. Safeguard a firefighter with functioning respiratory protection, save those whose respiratory protection is not working, and with no respiratory protection, and assess areas to determine tenability;
- Remain proficient in reading site drawings, access plans, forcible entry tools, and site-specific hazards, such as access to areas of restricted movement, fences, and walls. Procedures associated with explicit hazard areas such as an electrical substation, radiation hazard areas, and others, if needed;
- Prepare a foam concentrate supply for use, assemble foam stream components, master its application techniques, also approach and retreat from fires/spills as part of a coordinated team;
- Clean, inspect & maintain all fire appliances, equipment and maintain records.
- A minimum experience of 6 years after certificate completion;
- Met the minimum physical fitness abilities as per NFPA 1582;
- Necessary certifications such as IFSAC/ Pro-Boards Certification, (or Equivalent JOIFF certification), Firefighter II (Advanced Exterior, Interior Structural), Rope Rescue II, Confined Space Rescue II, Haz-Mat Responder - Technician to be appended with the resume.
- Ability to run fixed fire protection systems via electrical/ mechanical means;
- A quick thinker to evaluate hazards and identify a haven;
- Capacity to act with agility and can save probable victims using rope and vehicle rescue approach;
- The role requires to lift and carry heavyweight as well as climb, bend, or crawl in certain circumstances and perform tasks while wearing an SCBA plus complete firefighting PPE;
- Approachable with an inclination to follow guidelines and SOPs;
- This vacancy insists upon you to have some proven experience or illustrate any notable firefighting projects in your career;
- You are a team player and open to working with a diverse workforce.
Leverage an all-inclusive remuneration relocation package of USD 6500/ KWD 2000 plus a chance of functioning within a leading company in total maintenance in Oil & Gas sector.
Our relocation package/privileges:
- Offer a commercial visa/work permit during the contract period in Kuwait;
- Give assistance and guidance on current COVID-19 medical clearance procedures to relocate to Kuwait;
- Reap the benefits of a 100% tax-free salary and swiftly save money;
- Secure your private medical insurance at no cost with transparency on plan coverage.
Lessened cost with a better standard of living:
- Support food and service furnished accommodation with dining facility to make your stay comfortable during your job tenure;
- A dedicated travel desk to manage your travel entry and departure procedures to/from Kuwait (hassle-free relocation);
- Provide daily transport services to and fro from site to accommodation.
Join the Brunel Family
Our aim at Brunel is to offer candidates a
platform to grow and facilitate clients with a suitable match. We will review
your resume and contact prospective applicants for an online screening
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wasim Hassan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement