About this role: Emergency Preparedness, Response & Security Advisor
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Safety Specialist (SSHE Advisor). This is an exciting opportunity to join a global Oil & Gas industry leader, working from their operations in Dockside, Melbourne VIC
The ideal candidate supports Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), as well as security activities through the provision of guidance, support, training, planning and field participation.Develops and supports execution of EP&R program. Activities may include: responding to EP&R questions or issues, interfacing with government authorities or industry groups and contractors, leading simulations or drills, responding to actual emergency occurrences, conducting assessments of actual or staged EP&R activities, maintaining associated performance tools, and implementing EP&R, security improvement initiatives. The scope of this role encompasses EAPL’s assets (LIP, LFD, Off Shore, Pipelines – offices Docklands and Sale).
Responsible for emergency preparedness and response, as well as security activities, which may include regular interface with Management, Operations, Projects, other support teams, and various levels of Government Officials and Industry representatives with respect to the following:
- Development and on-going support of EP&R-Security initiatives: including maintainance and delivery of: EP&R-Security Plans, Training, Exercises, Manuals, Guides and Tools
- Create and maintain manuals, standards, best practices, and templates that translate regulatory requirements, industry and corporate standards, to field friendly guidance for the creation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of: Emergency Response & Security Plans (e.g Spill, Fire, Natural Disasters, Pandemic scenarios, plans such as the Bass Strait Security Plan, and LIP Maritime Security Plan)
- Provide above field Emergency Support, such as managing the Business Continuity Plans (including Cyber security), Training and Exercise programs/plans
- Provide functional Emergency Preparedness & Response (EP&R) expertise and support to Operations to ensure EP&R expectations are met.
- Participation on Company and external committees as required, as an Emergency Preparedness, Response & Security Advisor
- Exercise coordinator for EP&R exercises
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the security programs and systems across the business.
- Facilitate the Emergency Support Group (ESG) (including managing the roster).
- Establish, maintain and manage contracts with third parties as needed to accomplish EP&R objectives
- Facilitate Operations-level table top exercises and full simulations/drills in the field for each location.
- Conduct EP&R Operations reviews; develop matrix of activities, including training; identify gaps and implement actions to close gaps.
- Oversee the call out systems, Whisper and MIR3
- Oversee staff training completion - as required per the regulations, and provide training required to meet the goals and objectives of the EP&R program
- Steward EP&R facilities and capability
- Issue annual lessons learned, share Best Practices, and collect and steward key performance indicators
- Perform extra duties/side projects to support the broader business (not limited to SSHE), as advised by the SSHE Manager and SSHE/OIMS Supervisor
- Emergency preparedness and response (EP&R) subject matter expert with practical experience
- Experience with Incident Management system (ICS)
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses sufficient business insight to recommend and pursue sound EP&R business decisions and cost effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Access, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, other database systems, etc.)
- Ability to assess and react effectively and constructively to a broad scope of work items and changing work priorities
- Analytical, critical thinking, and decision making skills
- Able to travel for work as required – to sites
- 5-10+ years practical experience in the area of Emergency Preparedness and Response & Security, with exposure to Oil and Gas Industry (preferred), including ICS
- Based in Docklands, Melbourne CBD
- Mon-Fri 40Hrs/week
- 12 Month contract with potential of renewal
- $75/hr Incl Super (guide depending on experience)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane