About this role: Electrical Technician (Onshore Operations)
- Contribute to a high standard of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance by following HSE standards at all times, including the prompt reporting of any safety or environmental hazards or incidents.
- During specific maintenance activities, develop Risk Assessments which identify hazards and manage associated risks to enable safe performance of the maintenance activities; compliance to such Risk Assessments is mandatory.
- Implement effective and timely equipment maintenance / overhaul and repair to ensure maximum availability, reliability and safety in their operation.
- Diagnose faults and effect remedial repairs on company’s equipment and systems in a logical and effective manner. Such diagnostics are often performed in cooperation with the Control Systems team and the use of Laptop computers connected to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Develop maintenance procedures and job scopes for inclusion into the Company maintenance management system.
- Assist with electrical technician competency development by performing regular on the job training and mentoring of electrical technicians as instructed by the Electrical Supervisor.
- Supervise contract labour so as to ensure safe and effective implementation of daily duties.
- Read drawings and parts lists to aid in fault finding and to develop bills of material for project related work.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or other appropriate field.
- 5 years post certificate maintenance experience in oil/gas industry or, 5 to 10 years post apprenticeship experience of oil and gas field facilities.
- 5 years in a senior position.
- Experience in safe low, medium, and high-voltage electrical isolation procedures including 400 v, 3.3 kV, and 33 kV systems.
- Experience of working in Hazardous Classified areas such as Class 1 div I and II or Ex Zones 1, 2 and 3.
- Practical experience working with medium voltage variable frequency drives for motor control.
- Practical experience working with gas turbine generator sets preferably with Solar TT4000 and Allen Bradley / Rockwell ControlLogix control systems.
- Skilled in Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in computerised maintenance management systems.
- Having experience in E-permit system would be distinct advantage.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of making rational decisions based on available information and prevailing conditions.
- A driving license, home country or United Arab Emirates is mandatory.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai