About this role
We’re hiring a Director of Human Resources for our client, a healthcare supplier company, to join their team. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
- Develop and implement people strategies to support different management teams and help the company achieve its goals.
- Promote company culture through strategic initiatives at the corporate level and by leading culture building strategies at the departmental level
- Provide leadership and support to managers and employees in the areas of performance review and counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation, human rights and employment legislation, conflict resolution and legal/contractual requirements
- Develop, recommend and implement company policies, procedures, and appropriate training in all areas of employment, including employee relations and performance management
- Manage the Company’s payroll while continuously looking to improve payroll method and efficiency in compliance with applicable labor laws and the Company’s collective agreement
- Maintain ongoing communication and positive relationships with the union’s leadership and manage all aspects of the grievance process including grievance resolution, mediation, arbitration and or conciliation
- Support all levels of management to minimize risk on legal and compliance matters, ensuring adherence and interpretation of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures and collective agreements
- Manage full cycle recruitment function for assigned client group. This includes, but is not limited to research, sourcing (cold-calling, Career Fairs, etc.), pre-screening, interviewing, qualifying, referencing and placement management
- Provide leadership to the Health and Safety Committee in the workplace and manage any CNESST claims
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Business, Human Resources, or another relevant field along with a Certified Human Resources CHRP designation
- Minimum of 5-7 years Human Resources or equivalent business experience
- Ability to perform as a trusted adviser, to lead and be an effective team player with an understanding of how to build partnerships at all levels
- Knowledge of HR best practices and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Legislation, and other governing bodies across all provinces
- Experienced in recruitment and selection
- Demonstrates sound judgment and problem-solving skills in resolving HR matters
- Comfortable in contributing to both highly strategic matters while executing diverse and important operational tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator
- Bilingualism, French and English, oral and written
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Netsuite by Oracle will be a significant advantage
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement