About this role
Brunel have partnered with one of Australia’s leading EPCM delivery Service Partners to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Cost Controller for an initial 6 month contract position supporting our Clients Perth-based team.
- Liaise with Corporate and Client accounting groups to establish a project cost control and reporting methodology
- Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyse project costs
- Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices. Ensure payment of invoices according to EPCM contract terms
- Preparation of project invoices in conjunction with the Accounts Department
- Liaise with Client for reporting purposes
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
- Implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters
- Bachelor's degree or similar qualification in commerce / finance / accounting.
- 5+ years of work experience in Project accounting, contract management, cost controlling or relevant knowledge preferably in EPC environment.
- Knowledge of project costing;
- Ability to produce cost forecasts;
- Ability to extract from contract documents requirements of cost control and invoicing;
- Ability to use standard costing packages and Microsoft packages, especially spreadsheets and databases;
- Ability to produce reports and status documents to a fixed timetable;
- Ability to work autonomously.
- ASAP Start
- Perth CBD Office
- Competitive Remuneration
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Mitchell is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth