About this role: Change Communications Specialist
As part of the Communications Team and reporting to the Leader, Communications, the temporary Change Communications Specialist role will co-create a communications strategy and be responsible for its implementation in support of significant change efforts within the clients manufacturing organization.The role will be responsible for understanding the geographical differences and communications needs of shift and non-wired employees within the operations environment and building the frameworks and content required to enhance employee engagement and help employees through the change curve at the regional level.
Duration: 12 months
The temporary Change Communications Specialist will be part of the Central Office managing the clients value creation efforts while working directly with workstream leads responsible for efforts aligned to Safe & High Performing Operations, meeting regularly with regional leadership teams to provide coaching and tactical communications support for initiatives while aligning to the overall internal communications strategy.
- Partners with the clients Change Specialist, to develop and execute against a communications plan to support the change efforts to drive Safe & High Performing Operations at the clients, with a focus on driving behavior change within safety performance and continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with the broader Corporate Communications team members to ensure brand and messaging alignment while representing the specific needs and challenges of employees within the operations environment (including shift and other non-wired employees).
- Develops strong relationships with site leadership and regional communications staff for successful execution of the clients integrated internal communications strategy.
- Collaborates with Communications Services on the development of creative materials.
- Drives continuous improvement of manufacturing internal communications.
- University graduate with 5+ years related experience and continued professional development or 10+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development.
- Ability to understand vision and strategy at the company and business level.
- Ability to drive innovative internal communication strategies that engage employees across multiple platforms (intranet, video, digital monitors and newsletters, events, presentations, etc.).
- Experience with email communications and measurement systems, intranet platforms, content management systems, and other technologies designed to support internal communication strategies.
- Experience working with senior leadership and executives to provide communication counsel and act as trusted resource.
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and build trust among key stakeholders.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be results and outcome driven.
- Skilled at effectively responding to changing priorities and demands.
- Ability to recognize and break down barriers to collaboration and reach agreement or consensus on a course of action with others inside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work well with others in cross-functional groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including writing and editing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary