About this role
Seeking a Technical Assistant to work in Chinchilla. You will enable the Supervisors to undertake more time in the field supporting and mentoring team members by relieving the Supervisor of desk-based administrative tasks (e.g. data entry, business reporting, FIM incident entry and updates, training coordination and other recurring tasks).
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
You will support all Operations (Plant & Wells) and Maintenance Supervisors for an Upstream Operations Hub Area.
- Coordination of scheduling, minuting and action tracking for key weekly and monthly meetings involving operations and maintenance teams
- Coordinate site tours e.g. VIPs, JV Partners, local community groups
- Training coordination and scheduling for team
- Management and tracking of team working and leave time (inc. rosters, time writing, leave and absence applications and reporting and overtime)
- HSSE incident reporting and follow up (inc. FIM case entry, administrative updates and close out)
- Reporting and data entry associated with audits, assurance activities and other management systems (e.g. SONAR, A&A LIGA/Rose Plots, SSoW audits, OICC etc)
- Assist operations Supervisors to update and maintain the accuracy of site registers
- Administration of team Sharepoint/MS Teams sites
- Supporting the formatting, updating & editing of technical policies and operations procedures
- Assist in the management of any locally managed Operations and Maintenance services (as required)
- Production ChemAlert administrator to coordinate with SME’s in the use of production chemicals on site
- Assist with/coordinate other administration tasks undertaken by Operations & Maintenance Supervisors (as required)
- Must have demonstrated experience in the above mentioned functions of this role and have performed these functions either at a stand alone site or a site remote from corporate support
- Relevant experience or understanding of activities of Operations and Maintenance within CSG industry (desirable)
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with Incident management databases
- Experience with Risk Management, ChemAlert or Fountain data base would be desirable but not essential
- Experience with SAP or a comparable financial database system
- Experience with coordination of large teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Self-motivated and proactive approach, uses own initiative to solve problems and overcome setbacks
- Professional approach to assigned duties
- Assertive and takes ownership
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- 12 month contract with strong possibility of extension
- Chinchilla based position (FIFO from Brisbane)
- 15:13 Roster (Travel in company Time)
- $300 - $450 per day inclusive of Super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
- Accommodation and meals provided
- 10-hour working day
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Brennan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane