About this role: Accounting Manager
We are currently hiring an experienced Accounting Manager to join our client’s growing team. This is a full-time, staff position. Reporting to the Executive VP, this role is responsible for the monthly accounting functions and day to day administrative, HR and financial tasks. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of contracts, strong payroll and HR knowledge/skills and need to be self starters, prepared to take on challenges.
- Preparation of detailed monthly financial statements.
- Oversee all financial and administrative functions for the company.
- Coordinate corporate budgeting process.
- Training and supervision of support staff.
- Ensure the company complies with government reporting requirements.
- Analysis of actual job costs vs estimates.
- Implement and maintain office procedures.
- Ensure credit granting processes are adequate to ensure no bad debt is incurred.
- Monitor corporate cash flow to ensure company needs are met.
- Lead the yearend review process.
- Review legal and contractual documents.
- Process payroll for certain employee groups.
- Administer the benefits plan for certain employee groups.
- Attendance at various workshops, courses etc. as directed and required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Other tasks, projects and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Vice President.
- Comply with company Health & Safety Policy.
- Familiarize and adhere to all company policies.
- Cover for employee absences and assist other team members as required.
- CPA designation.
- 5 years’ experience in a financial or administration management role.
- Strong knowledge of the Employment Standards Act of Ontario and similar governmental rules and regulations related to employment matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Good understanding of the basics of contract law.
- Proficient computer skills including ability to use standard office software at an advanced level.
- Positive attitude.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary