About this role: Wireline Operator
Are you ready to take your career in the oil and gas industry to new heights? Our client is looking for a dedicated and skilled Wireline Operator to join their dynamic team. If you have a passion for cutting-edge technology, a commitment to safety, and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you!
This role is based in Roma, on a 21:21 roster.
Wireline Operators operate and maintain mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
You will be responsible for operating and maintaining specialised heavy oilfield service equipment, as well as
- Assemble, check and load necessary equipment required for scheduled jobs under instruction from the Field Specialist / Senior Operator.
- Drive company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, and arrive on well site at scheduled time.
- Set up truck, unload equipment and tools and rig up for job.
- Assemble tools, attaching to and from cablehead, and perform electrical mechanical checks as directed.
- Guide subsurface tools in and out of well (under direction of Sr. Operator), assist in regulating Wireline Pressure Control Equipment, and (under direct guidance of Sr. Operator) operate hoist as required.
- Rig down equipment, load and drive truck to next location or shop.
- Clean truck, tools and equipment, and (under direct supervision) perform routine maintenance and prepare for next job.
- Correct obvious hazards or unsafe conditions and report those that cannot be corrected immediately.Perform special assignments are required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 2 years’ experience working in the Oil and Gas industry as an operator.
- Heavy Rigid License
- High Risk Work License – DG / WP / Forklift Truck / Vehicle Loading Crane
- Well Site Permit to Work preferred.
- Security License highly desirable
- Ability to load and unload Goods / Cargo
- Provide First Aid
- Provide CPR
- Operate Vehicles in the Field
- Roma QLD based role FIFO
- 21/21 Roster
- Full time and contract positions available
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane