About this role: Wells HSE Advisor
Wells HSE advisor - Aberdeen
The purpose of the role is to deliver Health Security Safety, the Environment and Social Performance (HSSE & SP) expertise into the Wells function in Aberdeen. This role will support, coach and challenge the Wells teams to achieve Goal Zero across the UK Wells portfolio, in line with local regulatory requirements, the Shell HSSE & SP Control Frmework and Shell Wells Delivery Process.
The role will cover traditional Wells areas such as barrier management, operational safety and contractor HSSE management, and regulatory notifications and permitting. The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Determining the HSSE & SP Control Framework requirements that are applicable to the phases of the Wells program;
- Provide HSE subject matter and regulatory expertise;
- Applying the HEMP process to ensure appropriate risk management solutions are implemented to deliver credible, competitive and affordable wells;
- Managing and integrating the full suite of HSSE&SP support to the Wells teams ensuring that the HSSE-MS is followed by the line, and disciplines are contracted to deliver key products (audits, permits, studies, training, etc);
- Analyse data and information to identify issues and trends, which can be discussed with the Well Engineering community to develop appropriate actions;
- Participate in incident investigations, audits and self assessments.
In order to deliver Goal Zero within Wells, the Wells HSSE Advisor will work with the Front End Development and/or Wells Managers to ensure that:
- Wells Leadership are aligned on the Goal Zero vision;
- HSSE & SP hazards and risk are identified and managed to ALARP;
- HSSE & SP risk management is integrated in the Front-End Engineering and Design;
- HSSE & SP execution risks are understood and integrated into wells delivery;
- Mitigation measures for Environmental, Health and Social impacts are integrated into wells delivery;
- HSSE & SP risks are understood and managed prior to starting onsite wells activities.
- Demonstrates visible safety leadership and learner mindset;
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills. Can work well with people at all levels, including communication with external regulators;
- Organised, self-disciplined and self-motivated;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both individuals and groups;
- Ability to manage numerous deliverables at one time, being comfortable with changing priorities and engagement with multiple stakeholders.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michelle Birnie-Mackintosh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester