About this role: Well Intervention Subsea Advisor
Are you passionate about driving excellence in subsea well intervention? Do you thrive in challenging environments where innovation and problem-solving are at the forefront? If so, our client has an exceptional opportunity for you as a Subsea Well Intervention Advisor!
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The Subsea Advisor will comment and provide advice on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Company representative for interfacing with subsea tree, hangers, and wellhead interfacing and subsea pressure control equipment (e.g., subsea BOPs, SSTT, CWOR, LWI) for subsea drilling, completion, and/or well interventions during planning and execution phases.
- Lead in coordinating surface integrity tests (SITs), witnessing any recertification, factory acceptance and extended factory acceptance testing (FAT / EFAT).
- Coordinating subsea equipment & ROV aspects of drilling, completions, and/or well intervention risk assessments
- Prepare brownfield survey and subsea equipment (e.g., trees, hangers, wellheads, subsea BOPs, SSTT / landing strings, CWOR, LWI) deployment and retrieval procedures, ROV tooling and related procedures.
- Monitor subsea equipment service provider, ROV service provider, provide project management support and troubleshooting of subsea pressure control equipment issues.
- Previous experience in a closely related position
- Advanced knowledge SIMOPS and controlled well handover to / from the host facility and ensures proper interface of subsea well systems on installation
- Incorporates subsea intervention, reliability, and integrity considerations in the overall well / completion design, including trapped annulus considerations
- Understands subsea tree seals, valve and actuator design including the balance system, tubing hanger systems, control line penetrations and wet connectors, and wellhead and flowline connectors
- Strong organizational and strong technical judgment skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills to positively influence drilling workforce - employees and contractors
- Exceptional skills in MS Office suite of software programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical/business communications.
- Ability to work and communicate in international locales and with diverse cultures
- Relevant industry experience (offshore / onshore drilling activities, for example).
- Maintains a high degree of ethical conduct.
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities.
- Melbourne Docklands Based role
- 10hr days Monday- Friday
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane