About this role: VP Program Delivery
VP Program Delivery
Vice President of Project Delivery - Greenfield Factory Construction for Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing, Active Materials and Recycling.
The Vice President of Project Delivery will lead the team planning, building, and delivering a groundbreaking greenfield factory complex for the manufacturing of Battery Cells, Cathode Active Material and Recycling. The project aims to establish the most advanced, fully integrated, facility in North America. He/she will play a crucial role in overseeing the development of the project, ensuring its successful execution, and achieving exceptional performance in terms of occupational safety, team management, and on-time and on-budget project delivery.
- Occupational Safety: Prioritize and maintain a strong focus on occupational safety on the construction site. Develop and enforce safety protocols and practices to minimize accidents and incidents.
- Project Planning and Strategy: Lead the strategic execution planning and development of the Greenfield factory construction project, considering all aspects of integrating the production technology blueprint with the Facility.
- Team Building and Organization Setup: Recruit, build, and mentor a high-performing team of professionals with diverse expertise, including engineers, project managers, safety officers, and other essential roles. Create an efficient and collaborative organizational structure to ensure smooth project execution.
- Project Execution: Oversee all aspects of project execution, including but not limited to design, engineering, contracting strategy, procurement, construction, commissioning and delivers a functional manufacturing site to the Production team that will take over for the operational phase. Monitor project progress, identify risks and challenges, and implement corrective actions to keep the project on track.
- Budget and Schedule Management: With a total Project CAPEX expected to be around 9Bn USD, he/she will develop and manage the project budget, ensuring cost-effectiveness and adherence to financial targets. Establish detailed schedules and milestones to meet project deadlines and drive timely delivery.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance: Implement robust quality assurance programs to ensure that the project meets the highest industry standards. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, environmental guidelines, and safety protocols.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as suppliers, contractors, government agencies, and community representatives. Foster strong relationships to facilitate smooth project operations and address any issues proactively.
- Continuous Learning: Identify opportunities for process optimization, efficiency improvements, and innovative solutions throughout the project lifecycle. Promotes a culture of transparency, accountability and lessons learned where every mistake becomes an opportunity for learning and become a better, stronger, and more competent organization.
- Bachelor degree or, preferably, Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Construction Management or related fields
- Extensive experience in leading large-scale greenfield construction projects, preferably in the manufacturing or energy sector.
- Exposure to multi-billion USD projects with articulated contracting strategy is a strong preference
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary