About this role: Utilities Manager
We are currently seeking for an experienced Process Utilities Engineer to join our clients Utilities team in Montreal, Quebec. As a Process Utilities Engineer, you will take on the responsibility of designing, strategizing, and managing various utility systems, including compressed air, gases, steam, process wastewater, and deionized water. Your expertise will drive the creation of efficient and sustainable utility solutions. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, review intricate designs, and manage external contractors, contributing to the success of this project.
- Process design of production and distribution of process utilities (compressed air, gases, steam, process wastewater and deionized water). Make decision on design of the systems based on input from manufacturing process engineers.
- Participate in the design process, offering expertise and input to utility system drawings, working closely with design teams like Jacobs and blueprint teams.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for process utilities, focusing on long-term sustainability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and standards in utility system operations, promoting sustainability and minimizing environmental impact.
- Identify and manage risks associated with utility systems, taking proactive measures to prevent disruptions.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of utility system designs, modifications, and operational procedures.
- Interface with manufacturing process and construction engineers.
- Interface with equipment and installation contractors.
- Process responsibility for control strategy and commissioning of process utilities.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical or chemical Engineering.
- Proven experience in the design and/or operation of process utility systems.
- Proficiency in reading, comprehending, and reviewing process schematics, construction drawings, and P&ID diagrams.
- Familiarity with industry-standard piping regulations and components used for fluid and gas transfer, such as pumps, compressors, expansion tanks, heat exchangers, fans, piping/tubing, and filters.
- 3-6 years of hands-on experience working within the process manufacturing industry, which may include sectors like oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, power plants, food production, paper, and pulp industries.
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability for meticulous documentation.
- Fluency in English is essential, and proficiency in other languages, such as Swedish or French, is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Effective communication skills, with the capability to create and deliver clear, concise, and easily understandable presentations to various stakeholders.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto