About this role: Tree Felling Coordinator
Brunel Papua New Guinea are recruiting for a Tree Felling Coordinator to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy. This is a FIFO opportunity based in a remote location in Papua New Guinea.
Successful candidate will be reporting to Head of Logistics. The Tree Felling Coordinator will manage the tree felling activity on roads in project impact area, surrounding airstrip, onshore well pads, trunkline, and Pipeline Export Route. Responsible for the overall coordination and interfaces between the Tree Felling Specialist, Tree Felling contractor and its personnel, Environment & Societal teams, cadastral Contractor and EPC contractors. Accountable for the HSE performance of all tree felling & chainsaw operations, wood grinding activities, rig boards fabrication and wood briquettes production on site.
Activities of the role:
- Ensures coordination and planning of all tree felling activities (mechanical and manual) with all parts concerned i.e. Tree Felling Specialist, Tree Felling Contractor, Environmental & Societal teams, cadastral contractor and EPC contractors
- Organizes the interfaces with all parties concerned and involved to ensure all appropriate Permits to Work are duly signed, Job Risk Assessments are completed and approved, and Safety Greenlights are performed with all supervisors prior any operations
- Ensures that chainsaw operations and mechanical tree felling activities are planned and conducted in a safe manner in line with the protocol agreed between all parties concerned and in compliance with Company rules and procedures
- Ensures that all equipment, such as: tree harvester, wood grinder, mobile sawmill, briquette machine and workshops under its coordination are maintained in good condition and personnel duly trained for their utilization
- Together with BSE entity proposes a method and schedule to ensure the Cadastral survey installs and implements clearly identifiable boundary stakes/markings for all proposed locations, pads, pipeline, and roads to ensure minimal environmental impact and suitability from a construction perspective
- Reinforces protocol with Environmental team for the provision of Land Access Available Form and develops a principle of Sensitive Area Plan identifying sites and habitats that are to be avoided
- Ensures that a “Rapid Pre-clearing Assessment” is conducted before commencement of any clearing by an Ecologist, to determine any specific habitat features within the Vegetation Clearing Area (VCA)
- Collects from Company Environmental Officer a Clearing Authorization Checklist for the nominated VCA
- Ensures that Mechanical Harvester Operator (MHO) completes a written Vegetation Clearing Area Plan (VCAP) before each tree felling operation
- Collects from Mechanical Harvester Operator and from the Manual Tree Felling Plan, the number and size of trees felled onto the VCAP for the Tree Cut Register
- Plans, prepares, and updates the integrated operations planning with Project team
- Plans, prepares, and updates any management of change agreed with Project team
- Coordinate, administer and follow up all necessary authorizations (Land Access, Permit to Work, pre-start checks, SOP’s and JRA’s, Safety Greenlights, etc.) before performing the works
- Performs regular Audit of the Permit to Work including Life Saving Checks of all activities under his responsibility
- Performs regular coordination meetings to ensure all deliverables are completed on time by Contractors and Subcontractors
- Verifies safe use and storage of equipment and dangerous goods (DG’s)
- Participates to the Permit To Work meeting and reviews Job Rik Assessments
- Verifies that all personnel working on-site has required technical and HSE training (first aid) in anenvironmental sensitive zone
- Organizes worksite emergency training and exercises, write exercise reports and log attendees
- Be active member of the worksite Emergency Organization
- Be member of site investigation team for any event linked to chainsaw operations or tree felling activities
- Degree in Arboriculture /Forestry or related subject equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience working in Oil & Gas Upstream Industry
- Demonstrates Leadership and Organisational skills in a multicultural environment
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding and experience in working in a diverse and challenging environment
- Working in Papua New Guinea or developing countries would be considered favorable
- Good command of English and computer literate
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia PNG