About this role: Technician Lab
Brunel is currently in search of a Lab Technician who will be responsible for providing support for non-commercial PE Products. This includes troubleshooting and repair services, as well as assistance with Experimental Operating Instructions (EOI's) and customer complaints that have been referred by Day Support. Our client is looking for an individual who can work well both as a team player and independently.
- Understanding the requirements for PE product release (Quality Assurance - QA)
- Preparation and analysis of Polyethylene (PE) samples in the lab, as well as conducting sample PE testing
- Conducting various tests such as Densities, Flows, Colors, Additives, Volatiles, Contamination, and Gels
- Entering data results into the Lab Information Management Program (LIMS) program, namely SAP
- Communicating and planning with shift members and using the 24 Hour Daily Operlogs
- Supporting the lab's daily calibration, validation, and reporting of testing equipment, as defined by SAP PM Schedule
- Conducting weekly calibration, validation, and reporting of testing equipment as defined by SAP PM Schedule
- Managing production schedule conflicts and adapting to changing expectations with production
- Dealing with multiple operations units and communicating with internal departments
- Discussing production management decisions with Operations Departments in SCRS Lab meetings
- Understanding online predictor management for production units with current capability
- Calculating PE Batch/Lot for Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Collecting and storing Polyethylene Retain samples (inventory management)
- Interacting with safety measures and providing safety moments with the lab group
- Attending Operational Excellence Visual Management Meetings on shift as part of the Continuous Improvement (CI) program
- Providing emergency response as an ER Vehicle driver and/or Environmental Monitoring support at Poly Sites
- Troubleshooting equipment with a basic understanding of the tag-out process and safety precautions
- Entering Safe Work Permit (SWP) and SAP maintenance notifications as required
- Completing analytical work requests assigned by peers to support the overall ME Poly Labs business needs
- Training peer Lab Technicians and additional new hires as required.
- A 3 year Lab Technologist Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred experience within the Petrochemical, Manufacturing, or related industry
- Proficient knowledge and experience with plant operations, lab testing, and lab testing equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both in a team setting and individually with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Roberto Caceres Junior is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Roberto Caceres Junior
Brunel Brazil - Rio de Janeiro