About this role: Technical Superintendent
- Responsible for the cost-effective maintenance of all vessels and their equipment to ensure safe, delay-free operation and compliance with the flag state administration and applicable class and industrial standards.
- Monitor and maintain vessel deck and engine planned maintenance system.
- Monitor and arrange statutory and classification surveys for vessels.
- Coordinate the supply of stores, supplies, spares, and consumables.
- Coordinate the repairs, defect rectifications, and modifications.
- Monitor adherence to company standards and charterer requirements.
- Assist in controlling and monitoring costs relevant to the technical department.
- Maintain and upkeep technical manuals, drawings, and catalogues from makers and yards.
- Attend shipyard and classification societies in technical matters.
- Class Survey Status shall be disseminated to vessel Quarterly (Jan, April, July, Oct)
- Verify documentation and certifications of new buildings/deliveries.
- Lead the accident/incident investigation related to technical matters such as equipment and failure/malfunction if required.
- Carry out annual vessel technical inspection/audit onboard as scheduled.
- Responsible for junior engineer and rating crew interviews, selection, appraisal, and promotion
- Assist the technical manager in the running of the technical department.
- Execution of additional project-specific technical requirements promptly
- Execute technical modifications for the project, including their approval and certifications as necessary.
- Attend to technical matters arising during the project.
- Plan and coordinate technical repairs during the project, including vessel docking as necessary.
- Ensure any defects that may affect the charter are resolved promptly.
- Marine Engineering Certificate of Compliance (COC) 1
- Minimum 10 years in Marine Industry
- Experience in working with vessel classification Societies
- Experience in sailing on Offshore Support Vessels (such as Anchor Handling Tugs (AHT), Platform Supply Vessels (PSV), Drillships or Tugs/Barges).
- Must have served on offshore vessels before, very competent in marine machinery (Main Engines, Winches, Pumps, Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment).
- Familiar with Vessels equipped with Dynamic Positioning Systems
- Candidate willing to travel overseas occasionally
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel provides business services specialising in flexible deployment of professionals in the field of Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance and all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Our objective is to provide both our Clients and our Consultants excellence in all aspects of our service from resource planning through to the full life cycle of the assignment. Our Recruitment and Operations staff are experts in their fields with access to the best available network systems and are managed by experienced professionals. The added knowledge of, and proven ability in, international logistics and local laws and regulations enables us to provide an efficient, cost effective and fully compliant service.
Since our incorporation in 1975, we have developed into an international group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover over € 1,3 billion (2015). We operate from our own international network of more than 109 branch offices in 40 countries.
Brunel’s operational excellence is the product of over 38 years of successful business conducted throughout the world. This wealth of experience provides our Clients and Consultants with the confidence that their resourcing and employment requirements will be managed with the highest level of professionalism. This high level of service is the foundation of Brunel’s excellent reputation which in turn gives us access to the best of both Clients and Consultants
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Singapore is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore