About this role: Site HSSE Manager
Leads and coordinates the application of HSE policy, standards, HSE-MS and ISO 45001 requirements, client HSE requirements and project HSSE Plan across all aspects of the project and work phases from engineering, procurement, construction, integration, HUC, commissioning through to handover. May be assigned to undertake a small to medium size project OR independently manage a large construction site or several construction sites.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of Statutory HSS&E Regulations and Industry HSSE standards and ensures their correct implementation.
- Develop and maintain updated Project Regulatory Compliance Register.
- Ensures project activities carried out are conducted in strict accordance with international standards (ISO 14001 series and ISO 45001) and within corporate HSSE standards.
- Ensures that HSSEQ Policy, Standards and Corporate HSEQ-MS, Client HSE requirements and Project HSSE Plan are implemented consistently and effectively and are known and understood by all project site team members.
- Maintains HSE communications with HSSE Manager and Project Manager on safety alerts, HSE concerns and resources so as to respond promptly when necessary.
- Creates, establishes and leads implementation of Project HSSE Plan(s), HSSE procedures, work instructions, etc. and HSSE performance measurement.
- Establishes, attends to and monitors the conduct and execution of project HSSE studies, reviews, assessments, etc. including HAZIDs, HAZOP’s, FSAs, Risk assessments, JSAs.
- Monitors and evaluates Contractors’ HSSE performance as per Corporate requirements, Project Contract and Project HSE Plan.
- Ensures that systems are implemented to aid the continuous improvement of the project HSSE Plans, programs and practices.
- Advises project personnel in the identification and prevention of unsafe conditions, unsafe practices, health hazards and environmental aspects by audits and inspections.
- Advises on future preventive measures and/or corrective actions.
- Ensures all project accident/ incidents are reported and investigation reports are issued timely as per Corporate and Project requirements.
- Form and lead the incident investigation team
- Ensures all corrective actions of accidents and inspection are followed up and closed out
- Identifies HSSE training needs, plans and ensures training is effectively conducted
- Champions CARE program and ensures that awareness process is fully implemented within the Project.
- Ensures and implements effective emergency response plans for all project sites, including communications and drills.
- Ensures HSSE records and reports are compiled, maintained and submitted in accordance with Corporate and project requirements and schedules.
- Minimum degree in Occupational Health & Safety / Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in the development and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental programs involving the project life cycle
- Minimum 3 years in a Lead HSE position within an EPCI environment
- Completed Certification as a Workplace Health and Safety Officer (WHSO) through the Ministry of Manpower
- ISO 45001 lead auditor certification.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 internal auditor.
- Exposure and knowledge of ISPS code.
- Experience as an HSE trainer or coach and in developing general and specific HSE awareness, induction and refresher HSE trainings for site leaders, supervisors and engineers.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel provides business services specialising in flexible deployment of professionals in the field of Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance and all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Our objective is to provide both our Clients and our Consultants excellence in all aspects of our service from resource planning through to the full life cycle of the assignment. Our Recruitment and Operations staff are experts in their fields with access to the best available network systems and are managed by experienced professionals. The added knowledge of, and proven ability in, international logistics and local laws and regulations enables us to provide an efficient, cost effective and fully compliant service.
Since our incorporation in 1975, we have developed into an international group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover over € 1,3 billion (2015). We operate from our own international network of more than 109 branch offices in 40 countries.
Brunel’s operational excellence is the product of over 38 years of successful business conducted throughout the world. This wealth of experience provides our Clients and Consultants with the confidence that their resourcing and employment requirements will be managed with the highest level of professionalism. This high level of service is the foundation of Brunel’s excellent reputation which in turn gives us access to the best of both Clients and Consultants
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Singapore is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore