About this role: Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer (LNG)
- Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
- Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Perform Rotating Equipment engineering activities for Projects Engineering – Energy Efficiency Projects to execute key engineering activities ensuring that all activities comply with international standards, Company processes and Industry best practices to achieve project delivered to the highest quality standards.
- Provide constructability input to new plant/facility modification projects and drive for flawless projects execution/completion and ensure engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Reports to Head of Project Engineering.
- Ensure Rotating Equipment engineering activities are conducted in accordance with international standards, regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Actively Lead/participate in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC activities. Resolve engineering issues that may arise and communicate with the Project Execution Team. Ensure Project Objectives and strategies including Safety and Efficiency are achieved in the Project Development phase. Elevate issues to higher levels when necessary.
- Develop, update, and amend various policies and procedures related to Asset & Surveillance Engineering Department as and when required in consultation with the Head of Projects Engineering and other team members.
- Evaluate all Projects under control to ensure Synergies are identified early in the Project
- Planning phase and Develop Value Improvement plan for projects under development.
- Support the engineering team of external organizations, entities appointed representatives to ensure engineering design addresses each companies’ expectations consistent with Company and Project’s objectives.
- Evaluate complex tasks and provide appropriate recommendations to management on issues.
- Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Be familiar with all Project Philosophies and Procedures and ensure that these are applied to the specification, design, and procurement of equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Company systems and processes and maintains support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of projects.
- Monitors and provides necessary guidance to the FEED, EPC Contractor(s) and all 3rd Party Services throughout the project phases. Ensures the facilities are constructed per the scope, meeting Company standards and specifications, within the time and project cost Approved by the shareholders. Support other engineers in complex analyses and assignments and provides expertise to ensure completion of activities within schedule.
- Ensure Qatari National Engineers in the team are provided with best of coaching and mentoring.
- Assess project risk and consider appropriate risk mitigation solutions to prevent any potential impact on project delivery.
- Conduct reviews of technical specifications, drawings and technical documents to ensure they reflect the engineering requirements and comply with regulatory and international standards.
- Assess technical deviations and recommend decisions in their specific discipline.
- Assist in the coordination of quality assurance / quality control functions in the section /division.
- Support in project cost analysis to accurately estimate costs.
- Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Mechanical Engineering in the area of specialization
- 8 years’ experience in the area of specialization (Rotating Equipment, Package Equipment), within Oil and Gas industry, of which 3 years are in Asset & Surveillance Engineering team role.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
- Conversant with Company, National and internationally accepted specifications.
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools, systems and tools.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha