Senior Projects Cost Controller
Vacancy number • PUB406529
- Should be responsible for the running cost model's development and ongoing improvement.
- To prepare/revise and distribute the cost centre’s comprehensive budgets.
- In-charge of the project's cost reporting, monitoring of allotted expenses, time tracking, and monitoring of the activities involved in processing invoices and their associated KPI reports.
- Master Control Estimate/Current Control Estimate (MCE/CCE) development and maintenance
About this role
- To promote and adhere to applicable safety guidelines and other company’s HSE policies in all activities.
- To carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality
- To support in preparation of Contract documents and provide challenge to the commercial and reimbursable terms, ensure CBS is aligned with WBS etc
- To liaise with VP, Project managers and B&D entity to review Cost Estimate based on benchmark data
- To support in preparing project CAPEX for Final Investment Decision
- To prepare for review of the annual detailed budget and revisions by consulting with various internal entities and adhering to the finance department's prescribed NOC budget standard format.accountable for the presentation and for providing the necessary defense of the budget performance
- To control the amount of money available for each commitment
- To maintain budgetary discipline, highlight current trends, and explain differences between forecasts and budgets
- To create a record of all commitments, expenditures incurred, and forecasted expenditures for all contracts and purchase orders controlled by Major Projects; to update, monitor, and regulate this register.
- To carry out particular Cost Analysis
- To contribute to the PALM system as needed with respect to commitments, payment schedules, invoicing, time sheets, and cost control issues.
- To prepare the monthly closure and ensure that accruals made in the PALM system are consistent with the status of the current project(s)
- To compile the required documentation for compliance with accruals.
- To timely provide project management with a complete internal cost report (including Trends, Areas of Concern, Budget Variance Analysis, Commitment/Expenditure Figures, Forecast at Completion, TW, AK Follow Up, etc.) with comments.
- To make sure that all information about project expenditures, contracts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, etc. is accurate and auditable.
- Degree in Economics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar activities for oil &gas projects.
- Advanced knowledge & experience in use of relevant computer systems (SAP, BW, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Power Query, Power BI)
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-DEC-2025, renewable
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406529