About this role: Senior Project Engineer
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a global Oil & Gas Service Provider, due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join their team-based Perth. This is an exciting role where you will be working on varied decommissioning projects.
Project Management - Take the lead in managing decommissioning projects from start to finish, ensuring objectives are met within timelines and budgets. You'll develop detailed plans, coordinate with clients and teams, and implement measures for project success.
Engineering Expertise - Bring your technical expertise in the field of decommissioning in asset inspection, transportation, dismantling, waste management, and environmental remediation. You'll optimise the decommissioning process, review designs, and support tender submissions.
Team Leadership and Collaboration - Lead and mentor a team of engineers and technical personnel, fostering collaboration and effective communication. You'll coordinate with various departments and conduct regular evaluations to ensure a cohesive work environment.
Stakeholder Management - Engage with clients, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders to establish objectives, maintain compliance, and seize new business opportunities. Your strong relationships and effective communication will be key to success.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance - Promote a safety-first culture and
ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations. You'll conductrisk assessments, enforce safety protocols, and minimise environmental impacts.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Structural, or Chemical) or related field.
- Successful track record of 5+ years in project engineering, specifically in decommissioning, offshore/onshore oil and gas, heavy lift, or related industries.
- Strong knowledge of decommissioning processes, regulations, and best practices will set you apart from the competition.
- Exceptional end-to-end project management skills, with a focus on delivery.
- Proficiency in engineering software and tools used in decommissioning projects, such as P6, AutoCAD, and the Microsoft Suite, will be advantageous.
- Natural ability to lead and inspire multidisciplinary teams.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a confident negotiator.
- Advanced knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations applicable to decommissioning projects.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Relevant certifications or professional memberships in engineering associations will be highly regarded.
This company offers a very competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Katie Rowe is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth