About this role: Senior Pressure Vessel Engineer
- Support Technical Reference Person (TRP) for the Static Equipment Engineering covering Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Tanks & Static Equipment Packages.
- Support ‘Team Lead’ to ensure all facets of Static Equipment Engineering within the business across all entities; for all new developments / modifications and life time extensions are technically compliant, safely and timely completed in accordance with International Standards, COMPANY policies, process, standards and guidelines.
- Secure Cost efficiency and develop savings in budgeting and schedule for projects that are executed.
- Communicate and maintain a high level of operational, technical design and safety knowledge for COMPANY / other operators Assets
- Provide expertise advice in the field of Static Equipment Engineering.
- Presentation of technical issues to senior management with a view to endorsement of budget/technical/best practice and value engineering.
- Act as mentor to junior Pressure Vessel engineers providing necessary support for their continuous professional development.
- Act as Engineering Focal for static / static equipment based packages to lead muti disciplinary project team.
- Lead studies/tasks from pre-project through to Detailed & Installation Engineering Design by overseeing COMPANY and Engineering contractors’ teams to provide optimal best in class implemented solutions for multi-million USD scopes.
- Report to team lead any defects, threats and their solutions to protect ongoing safe production operations.
- Onshore based with continual interaction with senior offshore staff and offshore trips to promote safe Static Equipment engineering practices.
- Ensure and promote the application of HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards and guidelines incl. international rulesets.
- Liaise as required with shareholders Technical Authorities, D+W / FOPS and MP entities to ensure Static Equipment strategies and current best industry technical knowledge is applied and enforced.
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with the above, taking actions as required in case of deviation.
- Promote safety culture within personnel and contractors including reporting of anomalies.
- Develop and oversee the design of new Static Equipment installations or modifications in conjunction with E&C, D&W, FOPS and MP entities.
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Prepare requisitions for Static Equipment procurement and technical bids evaluation.
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for all packages for Static Equipment related activities.
- Lead the technical review of the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Produce and supervise as the case may be detailed engineering performed by Contractors for installation engineering
- Evaluate and approve Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, HAZOP studies & materials takeoff for all required COMPANY entities e.g. D&W / FOPS and MP thus providing consistency and standardization for CAPEX/OPEX benefit.
- Ensure that Engineering Contractors submit Static Equipment deliverables on time and check them regularly to achieve quality expectations.
- Lead development and update of COMPANY PVV-Static Equipment standards.
- Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies and the like to ensure independent oversight is maintained
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FOPS entity.
- Min. Qualification: BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering; with membership of a recognized professional body e.g. C.Eng / I.Mech.E
- Min. +12 years in offshore oil & gas covering Design Offices, fabrication/installation with 5-7 years in a leadership role
- Good sense of team spirit, strong leadership and interpersonal, transferable and communication skills. Fluent in English (Verbal/written).
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 5 Days
- 30-Sep-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Elaine Nina S Gregorio is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Elaine Nina S Gregorio
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha