About this role: Senior Mechanical and Piping Engineer
Brunel is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical/Piping Engineer for a long-term contract position with our client who is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
This position will be located in Houston, TX with some travel to site in Indonesia (for site meetings and walkdowns). If not local to Houston, Tx, client will provide accommodations.
The position will be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex mechanical / piping engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Apply working knowledge of mechanical / piping engineering principles to assigned engineering projects, using sound engineering, data measurement & collection, calculations, analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
- Review, interpret, comment and approve mechanical / piping engineering deliverables, review reports for design projects and provide recommendations to site team and to project consultants.
- Lead the mechanical / piping efforts on large/complex engineering projects, which may include the development of new or modification to existing systems and processes, including the responsibility of approving work from other engineering disciplines.
- Serves as a mechanical / piping subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex projects.
- Manages large/complex site construction, expansion or modification Engineering projects.
- Oversight of the mechanical / piping department of an engineering company, construction planning and construction supervision.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
- Contribute to site strategic planning, prepare and review project schedule, cost estimates, and budgets for designated engineering areas
Develop and/or review scopes of work, evaluate proposals, draft formalized internal requests for funding.
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment as approved and required.
- Evaluates and administers contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Capable of creating and reviewing equipment and piping specifications for a CCPP (combined-cycle power plant).
- Capable of developing and reviewing mechanical, piping, and process calculations associated with a CCPP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and twelve (12) years related experience in mechanical / piping engineering (5+ years of which as a discipline lead engineer, project engineer, or in engineering management, 3+ years of which must include assignments on site performing engineering support to construction) OR
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum and ten (10) years of experience in mechanical / piping engineering (3+ years of which as a discipline lead engineer, project engineer, or in engineering management, 2+ years of which include assignments on site performing engineering support to construction) or related scientific field.
- Proficient in MS Office and other engineering tools (CAD, ETAP, SKM etc).
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training:
- Fluency in English required. Bahasa language skills are a plus.
- Experience with engineering and design of combined-cycle power plants (CCPP).
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of mechanical / piping engineering.
- Familiarity with all the latest developments in the design and application of mechanical / piping system hardware.
- Experience leading and or participating in hazard studies, SIL studies and any other safety studies.
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Skilled in managing large/complex discipline related tasks on Engineering projects.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions,
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations.
- Strong analytical skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Both design and field engineering experience.
- Proficiency in design tools for the relevant discipline(s).
- Advanced degree or Professional Engineering (PE) certification.
Position will include competitive daily rate plus 401K match, medical, dental and vision insurance that start on day 1. If candidate is not local to Houston, client will provide accommodations and travel for a 4 week on, 1 week work from home rotation, along with monthly stipend for living expenses.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston