About this role: Senior Instrument Engineer
- Ensure engineering deliverables are prepared in-line with the company standards.
- Obtain approvals from client and stakeholders on engineering deliverables.
- Engineering within project budget and schedule
- Leading the engineering team to achieve project goals.
- Practice technical expertise along with Management and Supervision, including techniques of personnel administration along with budget and estimation for the project
- Preparation and checking of work packs / engineering deliverables including.
- Ensure and promote the application of COMPANY HSE and Safety Engineering rules and specifications.
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards.
- Overall supervision of instrument engineers and designers.
- Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and contractors as well as reporting of anomalies.
- Carry out preliminary and basic facilities engineering studies / design in-house.
- Coordinate preparation of instrument wiring diagram, loop diagrams, data sheets, MTO for flow lines hook up & production facilities.
- Conduct site surveys, interprets regulatory codes, client standards, applies standard engineering and design practices, makes sketches, and provides technical direction to the design team.
- Coordinate hazardous area classification drawings, cable routings. Prepare requisitions for Instrumentation material procurement and technical bids evaluation.
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for CFTs packages for instrumentation related activities.
- Plan and organize the supervision of the offshore instrumentation survey campaigns to ensure technical compliance of the contractors with the Contract/Frame Agreement.
- Lead the technical review of the bidder’s proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Check and approve instrumentation engineering deliverables received from Contractors for Basic /Detailed Engineering.
- Coordinate the review of Vendors deliverables, interpret facilities engineering drawings, designs and make necessary recommendations.
- Follow-up Purchase Orders of instrumentation equipment to ensure timely approval, conformity of design & participate in technical reviews and FAT with Vendors.
- Interact with different disciplines and departments.
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity.
- Coordinate with FO entity for the integration of new instrumentation material in existing facilities and provide trouble shooting expertise in case of deficiencies of existing equipment.
- Bachelor (B.E./B. Tech) of Instrumentation / Electronics / Telecom / Electrical & Instrumentation
- 10 Years’ experience in an Oil and Gas industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Chloride Induced Stress Corrosion and Cracking phenomenon.
- Holder of AutoCAD, Software, and Offshore training Certificates will be beneficial.
- Expert in the design of instrumentation and control systems, instrument selection, actuated valves and specification of instruments, with excellent knowledge of engineering deliverables.
- Well verse in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Engineering Design Software
- (DCS, ESD, PLC, SCADA and Fire and Gas Systems)
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Willing to do Local ADHOC tasks including site surveys and warehouse visit.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Mar-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha