About this role: Senior Cost Estimation Engineer
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Develop and maintain accurate cost estimates ranging from high level concept or order of magnitude estimates through to detailed bid check estimate to support the Management of Change Process in selecting viable Projects and to support the budget management process.
- Responsible for preparation of Project estimates to the required level of accuracy for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities, both brownfield and greenfield.
- Produce accurate cost estimates with accuracy level corresponding to each Project Phase from high level concept or order of magnitude estimates through to detailed bid check estimate.
- Responsible for development of capacity factored estimates and location factor adjustments.
- Assess Project scope and main components to develop consistent ''building block'' estimates for each concept under consideration.
- Perform uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks.
- Liaison with engineering and design teams as required to obtain accurate input information.
- Produce detailed quantity take-offs from Engineering Documents.
- Responsible for obtaining the budgetary quotes as required and for checking actual quoted material/equipment prices against norms and other data.
- Develop and maintain local cost estimating procedures and systems in line with industry standards and internal guidelines.
- Manage Estimating Data - Establish process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information.
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPI's.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project controls, including at least 5 years in Estimating and 5 years in Petrochemical or Industrial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction Management. Cost Estimating accreditation is preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Estimating software and norms.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organizational levels.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Experience of risk based and probabilistic cost estimation techniques.
- Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured cost estimates appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects.
- Ability to deliver benchmarking exercises utilizing internal and industry wide data.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha