Senior Contracts Administrator
Vacancy number • PUB406485
Brunel has partnered with a Tier 3 Commercial Contractor to help bring a Senior Contracts Administrator into the team. This role is a replacement due to a long-term employee leaving the industry.
Our client are an established Builder with locations in Queensland and NSW working on construction, refurbishment, defence and fit-out projects. They have grown due to their positive culture and reputation for completing quality projects within the hospitality, retail, education, healthcare and defence sectors.
- $140k - $170k + super p/a dependent on experience
- Flexibility to WFH when not on site
- Fully resourced projects (CA's work on 1-3 projects at a time depending on complexity)
- Supportive team environment with a trusting, friendly culture
About this role
- Ensure timely placement of Purchase Orders that support contract services for production work in compliance with corporate controls and best practices.
- Track progress, and support the Project Manager with coordinating Contractor’s compliance regarding company systems and controls.
- Oversee the administration and performance of service contracts.
- Ensure contract payments are executed accurately and anomalies are identified.
- Ensure payments are made to Contractors in accordance with requirements of Company agreements held in a timely manner.
- Advise on contract risks and support the stewardship of gap closure and opportunities for improvement, assisting with prioritization where required.
- Liaise with Contractor Representatives on a daily basis to address issues that may arise from the placement and amendment of purchase orders and the payment of invoices for work executed against those purchase orders.
- Foster positive, constructive relations and dialogue between Contractor and Company representatives, as well as assist in facilitating resolution to issues or problem-solving.
- Maintain critical contractual documentation, including SOA’s, Purchase Orders, Records of Meetings and decisions.
- Numbers, Purchase order numbers and Contract Owners/Admin.
- Ensure effective contract administration through records management, advice and compliance with procurement & controls.
- 4+ years’ experience with Contract administration, within the commercial construction space, ideally with exposure to projects over $20m in value.
- Proficiency in construction software (Jopbac, Procure, Hammertech etc.)
- Experience in engaging with contractors.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage discipline and performance issues in the workplace.
- Budgetary reporting and analysis skills.
- Solid written communication and reporting skills.
- Good observation and listening skills.
- Demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Good communication skills (oral & written) in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project wider team.
- A work environment that promotes a work culture based on trust and respect rather than micro managing and clock watching.
- Flexibility to Work from Home when not required on site.
- You'll be working under a great management team who are big on mentoring and fostering the right culture for success.
- Paid Parental, Birthday and Flexible leave.
- Market rate compensation with the opportunity for training, development and career progression with Annual Performance Reviews to ensure you're on track for where you want your career to go.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406485