About this role: Senior Civil / Structural Engineer
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Ensures Company’s stewardship of high quality, per schedule and complete Civil and Structural engineering deliverables from Contractors while adhering to COMPANY Projects Management System (CPMS). Stewards civil and structural design aspects of the Project with other disciplines on the projects, as necessary.
- Reports to Lead Civil & Structural Engineering.
- Operates in technical environment with interfaces with multidisciplinary engineering teams internally and externally.
- Provides Company stewardship of the Contractor’s activities with respect to but not limited to civil and structural engineering related to structures, foundations, lifting devices, flare stacks etc. for onshore and offshore facilities.
- Complies with design methods and safety factors and margins to be used in the design project. Reviews engineering design for correctness, compliance and operability, maintainability and reliability of all civil works and structures.
- Contributes to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in own specialized area.
- Works in a highly visible project environment with small to medium capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures especially in emergency and shutdown-based projects.
- Monitors, reviews, evaluates, and provides necessary guidance to team members and the FEED, EPC Contractor(s) and all 3rd-Party Services Providers throughout the project phases while ensuring that the facilities are constructed per the scope, meeting all standards and specifications and safety factors within the time and project cost as approved.
- Participates in contracting and procurement activities to ensure civil and structural engineering requirements are met from pre-qualification, preparation of bid invitations and requests for quotation, bidding, evaluations, contract execution and performance, and contract(s) close-out.
- Performs advanced numerical analysis and interpret results and recommends corrections and areas of improvement.
- Plans and design for process for lab & field measurement and lab & full-scale model testing programs for geophysical, geological, and geotechnical activities.
- Participated in design reviews including risk assessments, various-stages of 3-D model reviews and HAZOP/HAZID related to civil and structure engineering.
- Troubleshoots civil and structural engineering issues during engineering and construction while analyzing the maintainability, operability and schedule and cost optimization.
- Conducts studies of load cases and methodology in developing design loads (wind, seismic, blast, operating, and transport etc.) for the department.
- Evaluate complex tasks and provide appropriate recommendations to management on issues. Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Apply, track and capture Lesson Learned related to civil and structural engineering for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 8 years’ experience in a project execution related environment with broad experience of projects, engineering, and operations.
- Recent experience of working in the field at Company’s facilities dealing with Brownfield projects, Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) and debottlenecking of operating facilities
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools, systems and tools
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha