About this role: Senior Civil Engineer
Are you a senior civil design engineer with a passion for delivering innovative and sustainable solutions for complex engineering challenges? Do you have extensive experience in leading and managing civil design projects across various sectors and regions? Do you have excellent technical, communication and leadership skills? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our client is high-profile medium tier engineering consultancy with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Internationally. They provide multidisciplinary engineering services for a diverse range of clients in the public and private sectors, including infrastructure, transport, water, education, health and residential. We are looking for a senior civil design engineer to join our Brisbane office and lead our civil design team.
As a Senior Civil Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Projects including residential subdivisions, industrial/commercial projects, earthworks, stormwater drainage, pavements, water and sewerage, erosion and sediment control, stormwater management
- Leading and managing civil design projects from inception to completion
- Developing and reviewing civil design concepts, calculations, drawings and specifications
- Coordinating and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, contractors, consultants and authorities
- Mentoring and supervising junior and intermediate civil engineers
- Ensuring compliance with relevant codes, standards and regulations
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our civil design processes and practices
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in civil engineering design and construction
- A current registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) (And RPEQ Ideally)
- Proficiency in civil engineering software, such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 12D or similar
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage project teams and stakeholders
- A proactive attitude and a commitment to excellence
Employees benefits will include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through training and workshops.
- Working with a close-knit, supportive team that values creativity and innovation.
- Exposure to diverse and exciting projects across various sectors.
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sean Keough is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane