About this role: Reservoir Engineer
Brunel Australasia has partnered with one of the world's premier energy companies looking for a Reservoir Engineer to join their team in their Brisbane CBD location.As an individual contributor in the Reservoir Engineering domain, you will collaborate with a multi-functional team to support technical projects and studies, ensuring the efficient delivery of activities within defined operating and capital budgets.
- Applying reservoir engineering expertise and professional judgment in supporting technical projects and studies.
- Presenting completed analysis and recommendations at peer reviews, peer assists and functional reviews as part of the value assurance framework.
- Delivering subsurface dynamic reservoir performance characterisation for CBM reservoirs.
- Influencing data acquisition programmes and integration of production reservoir surveillance data into full field CBM simulation models.
- Supporting delivery of reservoir engineering elements of our East Coast assets FDPs and ensuring functional/technical consistency across teams.
- Ensuring all your evaluations are documented and related data are handled in accordance with relevant technical standards.
- The successful applicant will be highly competent in reservoir modelling and simulation.
- Be able to demonstrate the applicability of these competencies to CBM reservoir engineering problems and to the definition and reduction of subsurface uncertainties within this reservoir type.
- Problem solving, eye for delivery of robust products and working with one team mentality is essential.
- Proven track record in reservoir modelling and reservoir characterization, dynamic history matching and well performance forecasting.
- Familiarity with key software including Petrel RE, Eclipse and Python coding preferable.
- Work within and collaborate with multi-disciplinary Subsurface team(s), Commercial, Tenures, Production and Concept engineering and other asset entities.
- The position requires incumbents to fully appreciate diversity and to work openly and collaboratively; will operate in a fluid environment and will need to rely on drive, personal experience and judgment.
- Advanced problem solving skills and track record of being solution driven.
- CSG/CBM experience in a reservoir engineering capacity is a strong preference for this role.
- Full Australian working rights
- 12 Month Contract
- Daily rate of $1000 p/d incl super
- Mon- Fri
- Convenient Brisbane CBD location
- Opportunity to work with an energy leader
Please note that only candidates with Full Australian working rights will be considered for the role.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, NSW, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane