About this role: Project Planning Specialist
AB, BC or Remote
Our client, a major operator within the mining and metals industry, is seeking a Project Planning Specialist to support their operations in Canada and abroad. The Project Planning Specialist will be working with one or more project teams and performing planning duties for medium to major projects ranging from $50 million to over $1 billion.
- Leads the integration of scheduling and planning activities with regulatory bodies, external consultants, and internal groups.
- Maintains a program master schedule.
- Performs quality reviews on third-party schedules. Recommends corrective actions and supervises their implementation. Integrates third-party schedules into the overall program master schedule.
- Responsible for identifying schedule deviations on the scope with the package owner, and working with the package owner to identify and implement mitigations.
- Responsible for integrating subcontractor schedules into the master schedule.
- Responsible for supporting forecasting on a monthly basis, as directed by Project Controls Lead (Manager).
- Responsible to support project reporting and project presentations, as directed by the Project Controls Lead (Manager).
- Responsible for performing scheduling audits on service providers, as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing schedule input to help the project team define project execution plans and scope
- Responsible for ensuring Project Controls Overviews and Standards are properly applied and followed on a project with respect to Planning.
- Strong Spanish language skills are preferred
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, computer science, finance or business, or diploma in a trade, is preferred.
- 10+ years of planning/scheduling experience, with preference to mining/industrial projects, is required.
- 3+ years of experience in an Owner’s role is required.
- 3+ years of field experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge of project management theory, especially in time and cost management, is required. Strong understanding in the areas of project planning, activity duration estimating, CPM schedule preparation, schedule analysis and schedule system application are essential.
- Experience in progress measurement and earned value measurement systems is preferred
- Hands-on experience in developing and progressing resource-loaded schedules in Primavera is required.
- Major Projects experience in both Contractor and Owner organizations is preferred. Experience going through stage gate processes is preferred
- Experience working with permitting regulatory bodies and knowledge of environmental studies is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the engineering and construction industry is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills as well as able to prioritize and meet deadlines required.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty with project scopes is preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project scheduling software. Strong skills in Primavera P6 are required
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto