About this role: Project Lead Engineer - Civils
Our client, a leading tier 1 mining company based in Perth, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Project Engineer to join their dynamic team. With a focus on civil infrastructure works projects across their mine sites, this role offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and make a significant impact in the mining industry.
The Lead Project Engineer will play a crucial role in the successful delivery of bulk earthwork and civil engineering projects across the company's mine sites. Reporting to the Senior Project Lead, the successful candidate will lead a team of Project Engineers and be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest safety and quality standards.
- Oversee all phases of project development, from concept through execution to completion, ensuring project objectives are met.
- Effectively manage and collaborate with a multidisciplinary project team, fostering a positive team environment and driving project success.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and collaboration throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide regular project status reports, performance metrics, and updates to senior management and other relevant parties.
- Ensure projects are executed in alignment with capital funding requirements, and adhere to company governance and compliance standards.
- Promote and uphold a strong safety culture, in line with the company's core values, ensuring the highest safety standards are met throughout the project.
- Based in Perth with regular site travel to mine locations.
- Manage a team of Project Engineers, providing leadership and mentorship.
- Oversee the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects with a budget exceeding $10 million.
- Lead by example in the field, emphasising safety interactions and promoting a culture of excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in project management and engineering within the mining or heavy civil construction industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and a commitment to a strong safety culture.
- Ability to travel to mine sites as required
- Industry leading company
- 12 month contract
- $90-103 per hour
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth